Agnostic.com

51 18

Living alone when you're sick. How do you feed yourself?

Today I was diagnosed with pneumonia. Started an antibiotic and was referred to an ENT doctor.

Have had a recurrent sinus infection since July. Already took two courses of antibiotics. Frustrating. I'm usually very healthy. I'm an athlete, for heaven's sake!

That's why I was so slow while hiking last Tuesday. Not surprised I have pneumonia. Have been coughing hard, running a fever and feeling exhausted.

This morning, I started a big pot of chicken broth from frozen chicken bones I saved in the freezer. Broth simmered for five hours. The house smells wonderful.

Now I'm simmering chicken-vegetable-noodle soup with garlic, ginger and other herbs. Hooray!

Chicken vegetable soup: prescribed by mothers across the world.

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

51 comments (51 - 51)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"I'll bring you chicken soup this weekend," my friend Billie said. Lovely. I'm making a big pot of chicken vegetable soup, too.

My daughter, Claire, and her new husband, Matt, are both sick. They live three hours away in the Seattle area. "Your chicken noodle soup is my favorite!" Claire said today.

So, I called Claire's dad, asking him to bring Claire and Matt some homemake chicken soup, since I'll be swimming in it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:183274
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.