Agnostic.com

25 4

What do you have out there for some good rockin tunes. One exception, NO country allowed oh ya.. and no xian music either.. lol.. had to throw that in there.. for shits and giggles.. 🙂

mistymoon77 9 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Black Sabbath: Live Evil followed by Blue Oyster Cult: Extraterrestrial Live (I will try to stick with more common music...I don't think The Accused, Agnostic Front, Black Flag, Fear would float...hehe)

oooo I like your taste.. 🙂 very nice..

@mistymoon77 I went through about 10 albums and 4 tapes of Live Evil....MP3's have saved my cash flow....hehe...same with Extraterrestrial Live...

Definitely a combo I can appreciate but I would take this opportunity to say that "On Your Feet or on Your Knees" is the best live album, bar none. I feel strongly about this but won't fight ya over it.

@Hicks66 I have both...and I still go with Extraterrestrial Live....for no real reason....I like them both...

One of my faves from way back.

oh I LOVE this song.. no one hardly even knows this song.. great choice 🙂

@mistymoon77 I'm so glad you love it, too! Their first two albums are STILL some of my all-time favorites. Chrissie Hynde is still a badass!!!

If you wanna “rock out,” Moterhead has got you covered.

"We're an American Band" ... Rob Zombie version

A couple that come to mind: Heaven and Hell.. Dio/Black Sabbath; Locked In... Judas Priest. Madalaine... Winger.

I saw Black Sabbath with Dio on their “Heaven and Hell” tour in Evansville, Indiana. I was in high school and it was awesome!

OH WOW!.. that would have been AWESOME! SO lucky you are.. I would have killed to see that concert but who knows what kind of mindset I was in during that time.. ya.. thats another story in itself.

Emerson, Lake and Palmer....Moody Blues...Supertramp

Does it have to be from the 1980's? If not I vote for Type O Negative's cover of Seals & Croft's Summer Breeze.

Ya.. that's the post.. strictly 80's.

Painkiller by Judas Priest @mistymoon77

I grew up in the Bay Area Thrash Metal scene so we need to have the big six there.

Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Slayer - Raining Blood
Megadeth - Peace Sells
EXODUS - Bonded By Blood
Anthrax - Indians
Testament - Into The Pit

Plus I love that we already have BOC , Sabbath, UFO, Dio, and my all time fav Motorhead! RIP

I like your selection #andyfreakingford, very nice.. We would be doing some head bangin for sure.. 🙂

I could come up with a hundred. This one is probably the epitome of 80's songs/bands.

Source:

Honey Drippers - Good Rockin' at Midnight

Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing

David Lee Roth - I Ain't Got Nobody

Elton John - I'm Still Standing

A lot of 70's & 80's music

for starters

Journey...

queen or ac/dc or zz top

This song right here. Any Devo fans in the crowd? I can still see one of my best friends playing the keyboard solo on the dash of his Ford Galaxy 500. "There is a thought that keeps me thinking. Like a stone inside my shoe. It is a vision reoccurring. A dirty window I can see you through."

I've really got into Scott Bradley's Post Modern Jukebox's swing versions of 80's songs.

love this song

I prefer the original.

That is so subjective that is almost impossible to state. I for one prefer only instrumental music and my favorite is Jazz Guitar, but I enjoy big band, dixieland, bluegrass, blues and again mostly insturmental.

aww yes well that probably wouldn't mix well with the bunch we got stringing here.. but to each their own.

Can't do you instrumental Jazz guitar - but how about rock cello?

Deliver me from rock "music".

I'll be playing this sing live in Ft. Atkinson, WI tomorrow night.

I wouldn't say this is an 80's band..

Sorry, the original was just looking for some "good rocking tunes". We do some interesting versions of Bo Jovi and Midnight Oil, i just don't have recordings of them yet.

I didn't notice the tags.

I love this song... especially loud.

maybe not my very fave, but ...

Still one of my favorite instrumentals to chill out to, fell in love with it from the very first seconds.

So, christian country songs are out of the question?

ha ha.. that would be a for sure yes.. we will pass on those too.. 🙂

@mistymoon77 LOL

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18470
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.