Agnostic.com

26 9

What would be your dream vacation? A place on bucket list that you dream of someday visiting?

Mine is Mongolia and Galapagos islands. I have studied Genghis Khan extensively and know a lot about him. Would love to make my visit to Altai and (Holy Mountain) and visit island where evolution was born.

Suzanna 5 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

To see the mountain Gorillas in Uganda/Rwanda 🙂

Sacha Level 7 Jan 26, 2018

Mars. Yes, I mean it.

I still need to visit Rome. I can't let two years of Latin go to waste. Other than that, I would like to spend a couple of years at Yellowstone National Park.

@Vic47 Oh yea...its on my list too...I forgot!

I studied latin for a year....I am so glad I did it.

@Vic47 I love Athens, so pretty, My friend and I went for a walk and got lost, ending up walking all over the place, maybe best way to see the place. The tourist police there, I think its a requirement to be.'extremely good looking'... says that in best zoolander voice. Must get a hotel that has a rooftop bar and swimming pool, so can have 360 degree view. Amazing!

Yellow stone is nice but it's got too many people. If you want to see a tourist mauled by an animal, it is the place to go. People don't seem to understand the term "wild animal". They act as if it is a petting zoo, I have seen groups of people surround an animal with flashing cameras and loud, excited talking, and when the animal had had enough it flipped out and hurt people.

Sadly you’re right. I still remeber the family that “rescued” a young bison and the rangers had to put it down. Still, I really enjoyed the serene and alien beauty of the park. @Chryflvrantacid

@RandyMoose it is very beautiful. Some of it is very sad though, some areas being thoroughly ruined by things like people throwing coins into the pools to make a wish and the pools turning many colours-many people now think that is the way they have always been, accepting the pollution as natural. I can't deny the beauty of the area, but i also can't help but think it will soon be gone 😟. Many don't understand about not leaving a footprint... taking home stones and other natural things as mementos. I'm not a big fan of the human race lol.

And that is one of the reasons I would like to become a Park Ranger. To attempt to educate people to really apprectate and understand these things. @Chryflvrantacid

I would love to visit Japan.

If the States ever came back into civilisation, I'd like to travel across the US ... in a car. All the way from Connecticut to ... North or South? Well, West at any rate till I hit the Pacific. It would be fun. But not anytime very soon. I had a dream holiday last year going from Singapore to Bangkok by train. had a super tour guide/organizer with me for the whole trip, my adorable daughter. Loved every minute... except the 12 minutes dragging my luggage over sand to our place of residence in tropical heat. And the two hours waiting in Bangkok airport if they would let me leave again, as there was something wrong with my passport. But they did let me go after all! But I loved everything else - food, people, nature and national parks of amazing beauty, a cave worth clambering over a slippery cliff for, trains, taxi drivers, art galleries and museums, even the huge cities, which I thought I wouldn't. Changed my mind about big cities!

Viet Nam..

Already done it having lived in Crete... but if I can move to Havana Cuba tomorrow, having not worry that whoever I meet wants to move with me to USA and finding way to receive all 3 of my checks on the island on time. I would move there... under those conditions... once they open the doors to USA I am not interested. Now I am.

Circumnavigate this planet and go to southern hemisphere.

Paris, Rome, Barcelona... about ten days each, just walking and eating and museuming... with that elusive soulmate.

Tomas Level 7 Jan 27, 2018

One of the guys I know from my college experience has pedaled his bike from Portland to NYC and I still think of doing something similar to that.

Giza plateau, Egypt.

My dream destination lotto includes cuba; iceland; lisbon - been there once, loved it, same with prague & amsterdam & greece; barcelona; edinburgh; jamaica; sweden; mexico. luckily I'm lacking the funds, or I'd really have to wrestle with my environmental conscience 😉

Costa Rica.

Ice land is starting to look really nice ..

There so many! Tibet, Canada, Siberia, Easter Island, St Kilda, Skellig Michael, Machu Picchu, Finland, the Grand Canyon, Argentina, Antarctica... I could be listing them all night.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 26, 2018

Alaska and Hawaii, Galapagos, Australia, the Moon!

I've always wanted to go to Australia. It's such a unique place on the planet.

The Orkney Islands, those rugged seascapes.

There are so many places I want to see but I've wanted to visit Pompeii since I read about it as a child

Genghis Khan is a fascinating figure. Huge numbers of people in Europe are supposed to be descended from him, since he put himself about quite a lot in his journeys. Mongolia would be a good place to explore but quite hard to get about in once you leave the main centres of population. you would need to be quite fit.

Morocco, Tahiti (I hear it's a magical place), and Cinque Terre in Italy!

Any place not North Dakota!

Ireland is my number one, but really anywhere with history.

I've never been to NY. Any place with the ocean. I live in California and the ocean is food for the soul !!!

That's a nice goal ! When ared you planning it for ???

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18487
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.