Agnostic.com

19 21

Alligators can live up to 100 years..

Which is why there’s an increased chance that they’ll see you later.

AMGT 8 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wow, they must have a lot of baggage.

Alot of animals live along time like lobsters and jellyfish are biologically immortal

Greenland sharks are believed to live up to between 300 and 400 years.

That's cute

Do they have good memory too???

Yes they can - though most in the wild do not. However, there is a saltwater crocodile in northern Australia named Cassius - who is documented to be 113, I think, by now. he's 16ft long, and magnificent. I would love to visit him - being as crocodilians (which includes alligators and crocodiles) are some of my very favorite creatures. One of the big reasons I moved to Florida !

@VirginCotton No - I'm up in Marion Co. I worked for years as a wildlife rehabilitator - still do some now and then. And yes - I know there are no nuisance alligators - or any other nuisance animals - only highly nuisance humans , that refuse to learn about, and respect wildlife !
Good for you, I guess - bad for the alligator. As someone who does not eat dead animals, it breaks my heart to see a beautiful alligator with their legs pulled up over their back, carted off unceremoniously in the back of a pick-up...

@VirginCotton Yeah well, alligators are a passion of mine - I truly love them. And I know similar scenes are acted out all over the world with varying species and misbehaving - or all out greedy humans clashing. We are systematically wiping out whole populations. We are shameful inhabitants of the planet !

Not in northern Pennsylvania. That's one advantage of having shitty winters.

They have parrots to talk them. To keep them company. Parrots can live that long too.

Re. "...which is why..., Aaaahh, SCIENCE! 🙂

Well we got a way to helping them die a little sooner. It's nothing personal. We eat them and sell the hide.

I can live up to a 100 years too. I've covered a mite over 77% of it already, but I'm not sure I'll make it. Only time will tell. 🙂

@AMGT -- I'm trying. I know that because my mother always described me to others as a trying child.

That was awful! I might unfollow you just for this! (Just kidding 😉 )

How do can you distinguish between a weasel and a stoat?

A weasel is weasely recognised because a stoat is stoatally different.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 26, 2018

You mean like see ya later Alligator -- after while Crocodile. I think it is interesting that some reptiles can live longer than humans. The sea turtle can live around 300 years I believe. I saw a science show that had a theory that longevity had to do with how long a species was reproductively viable.
It was interesting that many of the centenarians had never had children. Lends credence to the old adage that "you kids are giving me gray hair"!

Lol yeah either they've lived longer because they haven't been stressed out for 18 years or they biologically do not want to shut down because the genetic uniqueness will cease to exist

@Lucky456211 Yep!

What about crocodiles??

They will see you in a while?

Groan....

Same with crocodiles, though crocs are slower — which is why they'll see you after a while. {groan}

Or you see them later in my shoes.

lol thats how you tell them from crocodiles

LOL thanks for the chuckle 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18514
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.