Agnostic.com

5 1

Anyone recovering from alcoholism.

Has anyone been a friendly athiest. Yet began to get real fed up with religious bullshit and conflict in the recovery community. I checked into treatment and the website was totally misleading. This place is full of aggressive christianity.

thinkfree 4 Sep 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don't look into something like AA. It is faith-based, and you have about the same chance of quitting as if you go cold turkey. I've had friends that have gotten really bad. One quit because he was given epicak. Another quit because he got on pills. They were $1000 a piece!

I've heard that drinking apple juice supresses the want for alcohol. I've heard the same about sweets. Benadryl might help with withdrawls. I'd talk to a doctor. If you drink reguarly, ask your doctor if it's okay to stop abruptly. He/she will tell you why.

There is a recovery/addiction group on here. Posting this question in there might get you better answers.
Best wishes for your recovery.

I'm a recovering alcoholic and sometimes I keep giving myself something to recover from. Last night was some German urbock and I loved my music but today I was a bit slow. That will teach me not to drink for a while, but I remember when I drank to great excess almost every day. My body will not let me do that any longer. When alcohol messes with your ability to function it's time to do something. I do not want the help of Jebus or any 12 step program. I refuse to take medicine to make me sick if I drink. I got this, OK.

If you're recovering from addiction of any kind, studies have shown that taking CBD oil, found in most health food stores, helps stop the cravings.

"One week of treatment with a non-psychoactive marijuana compound could help drug addicts and alcoholics from relapsing for months, a new study found.

Researchers gave cannabidiol (CBD oil) to rats that consumed either alcohol or cocaine every day. The animals received a daily treatment of the CBD in gel form for a single week, according to the study published in the journal Neuropsychopharmacology.

The CBD helped the critters consume less alcohol or cocaine, even when they were put into anxiety-inducing situations that might push them to take more. And the rats that had the gel applied to their skin were also less anxious and less impulsive, the study says."

Link: [kansascity.com]

There several nonreligious folks in recovery (from a variety of addictions) in this community. If or when you can look at the member-organized groups, there is at least one for recovery here. Come join us!

Zster Level 8 Sep 23, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:185571
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.