Agnostic.com

10 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I opened the link to find out who they're blaming this time, and whoa! How about that, gang. We're part of the saved!

It should be mandatory reading for the very people who will refuse to read it.

Wow! De LA Torre...did not hold anything back, wonder if any of those 'sinners' read his piece? At this point, I suspect that when people are blinded by power, they see and hear only what they want to! This can't end well...there is a train wreck somewhere in the very near future!

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch, bless their tiny, shriveled hearts.

I will read it later...thanks..

Great article.

Zeroing in on one particular religious bent, my answer to students who objected to gay marriage because it was an abomination in the eyes of their church, I offered a book written by two professors at Hope College, a private Michigan college affiliated with The Reformed Church in America, a mainline Reformed Protestant denomination in Canada and the United States.

[davidmyers.org]

What God has Joined Together: A Christian Case for Gay Marriage by David G. Myers and Letha Dawson Scanzoni.

It was an eye-opener for many students since it explained there was only one proof in the KJV that Jesus spoke about homosexuality--the "abomination" phrase in front of the temple. THE AUTHORS proved the claim referred to the sellers of young boys and the money-lending usury charged (interest payments), not gay people OR GAY SEX. All the other references were opined and written by humans.

It's a great book, and I highly recommend it for those often finding themselves in an argument with uninformed religious freaks.

Sounds excellent, thanks.

Yes, very accurate … but why’ve I the feeling they’ll simply ‘repent,’ claiming they’d sinned, or were mislead ... and thus ‘forgiven,’ then get right back to it.. I suspect their actual ‘loss’ will be the trust and respect of our youth -- who will remember these as the dark days they are … and no amount of repenting will allow religions the extent of political power they’ve recently had within the USA..

Varn Level 8 Jan 26, 2018

That is well written. I would also like to say that he didn't mention the protection of Priest misbehavior and the money laundering of the Vatican.

True, but he was confining the scope of his article to evangelicals.

A well reasoned and well written article.

That is well said. I just don't think the audience that needs to read it is going to read it, and if they don't they won't understand.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18572
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.