Agnostic.com

43 7

Do most older men prefer a younger model?

Sometimes it seems that way. However, keep in mind, everyone gets old. Looks fade. If you have no one to share intimate thoughts with, and talk with, what do you have in the end? You have no one.

JustLuAnn 7 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

43 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Many do....until they realize that a younger girl won't provide them with "" that""" a declining level testosterone to away.

Good thing about getting old,it seems like the world gets fuller of attractive looking women,of all ages.Looks arent everything,sense of humour ,confidence,attitude to life and experience also matter.

Age can also be the equalizer. I can think back to high school times when the good-looking, popular gals had their sights targeted on the football quarterback. Now, in somewhat advanced age, their "beauty" has melted and they're like normal people. Too many times, the quarterbacks turned out to be duds. And many of the once homely-looking guys are now successful. It all sort of became a joke. I suppose it is the person with the last laugh that takes the cake. LOL

Their animal nature often wants them to, but their human nature is more complex than that.

skado Level 9 Jan 27, 2018

For some. Perhaps its why on the dating sites the older men seem frustrated and not getting hits. Just a thought.

@JustLuAnn The frustrated ones, I believe, are the "cougars" who believe that those "young studs" are where its all at. They miss the forest for the trees. It's the "oldies with the goodies" - those who have developed great values - is where the "treasure" is located.

My uncle Howard Marriott a woman who was older. The family did usual math and made disparaging remarks like when he's only 60 she'll be in her 70's and she won't be able to have many babies... Well. Aunt Reba turned out to be my favorite aunt. She was fun loving. Liked Bobby Darin and spoiled me rotten. They had one child and loved her into a beautiful adult. She too, was a favorite cousin. Reba died at a younger than usual age and Howard remarried a woman closer to his age. He never regretted his marriage to Reba. Age should never be the deciding factor among two adults seeking marriage. Love and compatibility are the key. Thanks to my Aunt Reba for teaching me that lesson.

Im sorry to say this, but as an older guy, a beautiful lady is awesome to see. It creates a key to open a memory. Note: I am mentally the same guy i was 40 years ago EXCEPT I now prefer my lady - my age or close to it. I do not want a younger lady to have sex with or raise another child. Some guys would like to have sex with a younger lady but not me. I don't see a problem with them doing it. I guess im pass all of that. I'm all about a relationship and sex if that's something thats needed. Me and my wife just cuddle and hold on to each other and let each other know that we're here for whatever you want... kind of simple.

Oh oh.... I just read this to my wife and see said right after this movie big boy...lol

Lol!!!

I think it is a biological thing. Were are programed to reproduce and younger usually means fertile. That's a guess.

Of course but it is that "drive" thing that has gotten us in so much trouble. We are supposed to be smarter than other species but when it comes being driven by our to our biological instincts we are just as dumb.

@DietyfreeRo I think you are spot on. Have you read the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus"?

@JustLuAnn no but I have heard about it and know what it says. But I'm not all that fond of younger women. I find maturity very attractive. Especially emotional maturity

I can’t speak for other men, but some younger women are beautiful, and some older women are beautiful. Yet that’s not the basis of making a relationship. It’s just a start. Also, what kind of conversation are you going to have with someone who’s 30 years younger than you? There no is common ground.

As we age, age differences don't seem to matter as much. For example, a 29yr-old man dating a 17yr-old girl might cause some eyes to roll. Then, take that same age difference, 12yr, and look at a relationship between a 65yr-old man and a 53yr-old woman. I'm almost 70yr old and I'm not looking for a 35yr-old woman. I think, MAYBE, late 50's through to mid-70's

It had nothing to do with age. She's clever, witty, intelligent, knowledgeable, and wise. We met under rather odd circumstances. I hired her to be my language tutor and married her the next month. During that month we became incredibly good friends and spent hours talking about everything and anything. Our marriage was based on that friendship and it has only grown as we've aged. Oh, she is 15 years younger than I.

Thank you for that, @Evidentialist, and congratulations to you both on not being afraid to follow your heart.

Bravo!!!!!

Even if all that's true, there's still nothing wrong with being alone. IF that's what you're okay with. I don't mind not having a partner. I am rarely ever "lonely".

That would depend on which discipline of human evolution you are referring to.
If it is sexual in nature then yes.
If it is intellectual in nature then no.
The only problem for the older men chasing younger women is trying to have an intelligent conversation after collecting your prize.
It would be the same thing with the older younger roles reversed with an atheist and a theist.

I feel the need for clarification on your statement an "atheist and a theist?"

@JustLuAnn You can't have a very meaningful and intelligent conversation with a robot. After sex, there would still have to be an exchange of intellectual gratification in which the atheist would be talking to a robot.

I wouldn't say a "younger model"... that kinda objectifies women... it kinda makes them possessions rather than people. As far as your question goes... I'm gonna go with yes... most guys prefer younger women. Ultimately, it doesn't matter... I've married older and I've dated younger... shrug Age is a number, not a status...

Just a way of phrasing it...Maybe its just me they don't like LOL (Older Model)

All of my "relationships" have been with women between 1 and 3 years older than myself. I have only ever dated 2 women younger than me, no reason that I am aware of. I am almost 60, so not interested in anyone under 45. Women of all ages can be great to look at, like a piece of art, but I don't lust after the young ones, it feels wrong.

I feel the same about the "lust." Perhaps its because I was a teacher. I don't know. I do know I try for at the most 15 years young than me, and set my own rules. In the end, it depends on compatibility.

It's not just that some men prefer younger women, the same is true for women preferring younger men. That preference is often as unrealistic as is their sexuality. I find, if a person puts their self worth into their sexuality, they are usually angry and blame the resulting loneliness and wishful thinking on others or their wealth. I stay ways from such people. Though I would be a liar, if I said that I am not more attracted to lovely young men more than old men, I can appreciate a beautiful body with all of my senses, I prefer the wisdom and character of more experienced people, though my life is filled with gorgeous young adults with amazing fresh minds.

We are programmed to want to breed. Our function is to procreate to produce the next generation. Not very politcally correct or even a nice thought but true. So both male and female tend to be attreacted to those that appear most suited to breed. This is not something we wish to think about but it is what drives our sexuality. I'm getting to be an old geezer. No matter how smart I may be or how wise, some stupid, Ugly, obese kid will normally be more disireable to most young females than I. That is necessary for proprogation as a species. As far as biology and evolution is concerned I have had two children that are of breeding age, I have done my job and am no longer necessary. Not particularly flattering.

Honest and well said. It flatters who you are as an individual.

You can't take what rich men do and apply it to all males. I mean, if you put an insanely gorgeous young woman in front of any straight man, it's gonna set off some alarms. But that shouldn't be news to you. Can you honestly look at a shirtless Ryan Gosling and be like, "Nah, he looks too ripped and his eyes are too blue and dreamy; he would not be allowed in my bed." You see old, fat, disgusting piles of garbage like Donald Trump banging hot young women and you think that's the norm for guys. It's not, it more seems like the norm for rich people. And I imagine there's some older rich women that do very similar things.

And yes, in the end he will have no relationship with substance, but then again, it's been 71 years and he hasn't had one yet and it doesn't seem to bother him.

Very good point. I was not referencing on the rich though NOR that creature who is the President. I shudder. I was basing my thoughts on life experiences. Also, mainly my focus this time was on dating sites online.

@JustLuAnn As for online dating, a lot of guys take the 'throw enough shit at the wall' approach. I have a piece-of-shit ex-friend who lived with 4 other guys in what was basically a mansion with a private walled-in pool jacuzzi party area. Every day at the same time they did what they called their "homework". They'd all get on social media sites and send out a copied and pasted pre-written message to 30 women each, then respond to any replies from the prior day with more personalized messages. They had a constant flow of women "in Tupperware" willing to hang out with them. It's purely a numbers game. A funny explanation of this phenomenon by David Cross:

We are genetically wired to procreate. I believe that our mission in life should be to make use of our higher thought capabilities in order to rationally determine which of animal instincts serve our best interest and which do not. For me the remedy for attraction to younger females is to have a conversation with them. This never fails to alert me to the fact that I am speaking to a girl (anyone under about 40 for me) and not a mature woman. Fortunately, as I've gotten older, my view of the age of which women qualify as mature women has increased as my age has increased. There is nothing sadder than an old guy who doesn't realize how young women must actually view them.

My late partners motto was: Discipline (her word for reason) first then love. It took me years to figure that one out and didn't get the full picture until I became a part of her death.

I generally date my own age.

Well I wouldn't say we have no one. We always have ourselves, always, so I've worked hard at getting along with myself. The only one we are guaranteed to be with our entire life is ourselves. That being said, I ain't proud of it, but looking back I can't deny there has always been a shallow side to my choices in relationships. Don't worry. I paid for those "sins". I have minor children now, their mother can be difficult, so my focus is on them now.

I am a single man and have no desire nor intention to marry. I feel that the only thing I require in a woman is that she live reasonably close to me, that she is attractive and that she is desirable. Age has nothing to do with it. I think I would prefer a woman somewhat closer to my age simply for compatibility.

Younger women are attractive, and I love attractive women, but the woman I married is only 3 years younger than me. We married in our mid 40s, and I had dated some younger women. I guess that says something.

model?

i noticed that

Simply phrasing. Guess I still have some old school left in me with that. Not meant to put women on a pedestal or to be worshiped.

I still like what I always liked and yes from a shallow point of view humans that are younger do tend to look better but not always. I'm a deeper person than that and find being attractive and attracted is way more than skin deep. beautiful does not mean intelligent or sexy. you really got to click. I have always fancied Helen Mirren and still do. as for me, it's not up to me to fancy myself. I do have to be attracted to someone to take it further but that's natural.ps there are men who fancy older woman too

I think she's beautiful, smart, sexy and witty.

i know she is lol

Yep ! ...(shallow me answer)
That would likely be the plan... up to a point. As you said, looks fade, maybe not so much when you’re looking... but when you find what you think you’re looking for, hopefully life’s lessons would be your guide. Compromise can be dangerous.

Tomas Level 7 Jan 27, 2018

Not me i find them annoying extremely dumb and immature so not worth it

I have had relationships with men 8, 12, and 15 years older than myself, and I have always looked 5-10 years younger than my age. I resented it when people (women, mostly) gave me vicious side-eye, making it obvious they thought I was the worst kind of villain.

The first few times you see it, you think, "Man, that woman really has a psychological problem.". Then it keeps happening. It happens so often, that eventually you can no longer chalk it up to the bad attitudes of a handful of jealous individuals--you start to realize that this attitude is so widespread, it's practically cultural.

And you get really sad, because you know that you're following your heart, acting in good faith, minding your own business, nothurting anyone--and people treat you like a criminal.

You're not sad for yourself. You're sad that there are so many people with such emotional disorder that they would harbor such unfounded resentment. That people, by nature, are so shallow, presumptuous, and petty.

This is not an indictment of you, JustLuAnn. Just a view from the other side of the glass.

No worries. I did not take it as such. I find it much the same but on a political level. If that makes sense?

@JustLuAnn Yeah I think it makes total sense: politics is an incredible magnifier of shallow, petty presumption and emotional disorder. 😟

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18635
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.