Agnostic.com

43 7

Do most older men prefer a younger model?

Sometimes it seems that way. However, keep in mind, everyone gets old. Looks fade. If you have no one to share intimate thoughts with, and talk with, what do you have in the end? You have no one.

JustLuAnn 7 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

43 comments (26 - 43)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not me, I like to see a person in my age group, 67 years old, I love the aging process because I too am going through it, A younger woman is what a lot of men seek to feel younger or not let go of their youth. If I focused my life, and I did a large portion, on sex then I would not be the mature wonderful thinker I am today, Love older women

EMC2 Level 8 Jan 27, 2018

Depends on where you go. I took a trip to Egypt, in 2006. I was 52 years old and got LOTS of attention from dudes who were young enough to be my sons. I am also overweight but got told many times that I was "beautiful."

SKH78 Level 8 Jan 27, 2018

So when is your next trip planned for? 😛

Here’s my take.. as a human male - we, like most animals, have aspects we instinctively ‘key on.’ Such as female Red Wing blackbirds key on the vivid red shoulder patch and strength of song for their potential mates … indicating appropriate specieses and virility..

Human, we instinctively key on a face that is petite in comparison to a male; likely demonstrating our potential mates full hormonal femininity. We key on breasts; with their potential to nourish our young. Hip width; indicating the ability to pass our offspring...

As I age ..I’ve also wondered about your question.. and suspect we also key on ‘youth,’ with its ability produce and withstand childbirth. We may have no choice! And being that our life expectancies are triple what they were eons ago, when such hardwiring evolved, we’re all on new terrain...

Varn Level 8 Jan 27, 2018

I look for someone to get on with. If she is younger than me so be it. You may have been turned down in favour of a younger woman, but are you sure that he got on better with you than the younger woman? Whatever was the reason, you are probably better off putting that relationship behind you.

Not really turned down. More like what I have noticed on the so called "dating sites" but then again I do live in Deep East Texas and for someone to pick me out they would have to be fairly similar to me in ideals, and ways. I'm thinking its more a demographic issue in my case. Then again, it could just be me. Being too EXTRA as my friends call me.This does not mean I'm a drama queen but that I voice strong opinions and characteristics. I truly do not get along with conflict.

@JustLuAnn sometimes our perceptions of ourselves is not how others perceive us. All things being equal, what is your preference, younger or older?

@Treasurehunter I'd say 50 to 70 ...I'm in the middle. 10 on either side seems good

A newer model car would be awesome

Not if the man really oves his significant other, and not if he is emotionally mature.

Interesting choice of words “model”. I heard about a study that says that men’s brains are activated the same way when they get a new car as getting a new girlfriend. Most men are hardwired to find women who can best carry a child to be attractive, healthy=sexy, so age does not mean nearly as much as physical health, just typically correlates with women who are younger.

no. The new models look nice, but we always wanna ride our treasured classic

Hmm.....that's an interesting way to describe a woman. LOL! 😉

My wife tells me you're only as old as the women you feel.

Biologically, men are attracted to breeder age women? "Attractiveness" might be an indicator that ones offspring will successfully reproduce?

Or

Who knows? I am attracted to a wide range of women.

She said "Old Men". I am sure not interested on having a kid at 64 even if I had treated my adult children to hurry up and give me grandchildren or I will make another that will take away all money and effort I spent on them. My father was in his 40's , mother in her 20's when I happened. I never looked for similar case for me even when young was the only thing available around me at a certain era in my life. Ego is a Big thing and men judge other men on that aspect so when I had (forget the younger, she was too) a woman 3 inches taller than me It did wonders for my ego because it showed that I have enough to keep her with me until I left the country. Same thing with beauty... I had beauty that was simply out of my league. Sometimes is a matter of showing without doubt that you can Overachieve where others Failed. I did not said buy Overachieve. Maybe that is why I chose to be poor, because any rich can buy pretty or youth... but the poor and ugly and old who does it... That is the only Overachiever in the Life I had lived in. My experience. My take.

I am talking biology, Since most men produce sperm their entire life. Antony Quinn was 80 when his last child was born. Biologically and historically humans didn't reach the age they do today. It is new from an evolutionary point of view. Passing on ones genes is still the true mark of success, biologically. Wanting your children to have kids and you being willing to help them out is part of that. People can place it within the human construct of "ego", but humans are still animals. Then again, I am a biologist not a sociologist.

I'm almost 37, so I prefer a difference of no more than six years, older or younger.

I'm not here for dating, but did notice the age ranges for meeting. If I were looking, would set the age range for 5 years younger to 5 years older, and someone who has had some of the same life experiences. We laugh that we still look good to each other, and also we don't see the aging signs as good.

How old and how young. It also depends on the culture. An age gap that is frowned upon in the US is acceptable in Japan.

Many do....until they realize that a younger girl won't provide them with "" that""" a declining level testosterone to away.

Younger women, yes.

I think there's a lot to be said for life experience. I also happen to find mature women in my age range most attractive.

I can't think of anything worse than a relationship (if you want to call it that) with a much younger woman who probably has little in common with me. These older movie stars with wives half (or less) their age disgust me. I draw the line at 10-12 years max. Also, we guys need to realize women are usually more mature than we are so that narrows the age difference.

On the other hand, I am seeing more and more "cougar women" out there.

Women age like milk, men like wine.

Yeah, good point!.....said no man EVER to an audience full of women.

Good to know where some people stand.

Well, I won’t prostitute my opinions to being PC in order spare a stranger’s feelings. If anything, I let honest thoughts be known. Nothing more.

@Redlegdex True but perhaps there is a certain message to being sensitive. You do not hurt my feelings but it is a bit disconcerting to feel like curdled milk. However, I actually like buttermilk so it's all good.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18635
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.