Agnostic.com

13 0

Dating Religious folk

Would you date someone that is religious?

MStewart 3 Sep 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sure why not, so long as they're happy about me not being religious. But I'm getting ahead of myself, a date would be nice, I'll worry about the frilly bits in due course 🙂

I just ended an engagement of 3 1/2 years to a man who is a Christian. My ex-husband of 18 years is a Christian. I have made the decision that I value myself and my truths to the degree that when I am ready to date again, I am no longer willing to subjugate those things and thus will never pursue a relationship with a religious man again.

It would depend on how much the religion affected their everyday life. If their believe gave them reason to condemn others, then I would have to say no.

ydnil Level 4 Oct 6, 2018

Unsure. I'm inclined to say "no" but I might make an exception for someone who is Jewish-ish or something non-traditional. Then again, after having declared myself "spiritual but not religious" for so long, I've come to disdain "spiritual" altogether, so probably not.

If they believed in god but weren't zealous or obsessed, okay. I've dated several women who were believers, but if they're a bible-thumper citing Jebus and quoting from the "good book" regularly, then no way. I see that kind of behavior as fanatical.

NO.....superstition is superstition is superstition.....a rose by any other name is a rose

depends on the religion. not one of the abrahamic, ever again, and not one of the other major religions, either. but there are some pagans that don't stress me.

It depends on the degree of their beliefs . I would definitely never date a fanatical church goer and bible thumper . I have been married to a mildly religious believer for over 30 years with no issues .I accept her belief and she excepts my non belief .In fact this can occasionally lead to some interesting discussions.I feel sorry for people that need to be with people that always have to agree with their belief systems .This indicates a closed mind and a superior attitude, which makes them no better than the religious fanatics they criticize.

Good points !

My husband is religious, we've been married for 3 years and it definitely has its ups and downs

I would as as they weren't super religious & if wasn't involved.

I would as as they weren't super religious & if wasn't involved.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:186830
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.