Agnostic.com

59 14

Does anyone truly "believe"?

One of my main gripes with organized religion is the hypocrisy of it all. It is quite convenient to cherry pick which words of god apply you and/ or others. Wouldn't someone that truly believes want to live it all without questioning, ignoring, or omitting unpleasantries?

Bunnista 4 Sep 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

59 comments (51 - 59)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I believe that if you drop a rock on the planet, it’ll fall.

Yup, we call those people extramests... those are the people who strap bombs to themselves. Very different in the extremists in America who are religious for political reasons and use it to justify racism. The lot of them can go to hell, if they can find it.

If they did that, nobody would be left alive..the Old Testament commands people to be stoned for so many things that nobody could survive..picking up sticks or walking anywhere on Saturday, children who talk back, etc.

And the New Testament commands women to be veiled, stay at home, obey their husbands, have children, and be quiet.

The problem is not, to be believer, or not, The problem is to be motivated, by intolerance and emotions, Many person believe with conviction, or with motives, and Many unbeliever so, The truth is between two possibilities, There is God or not, In order to know who is right, You have to looking honestly,without intolerance and emotions

belfo Level 6 Sep 29, 2018

The most evil is committed by religious people. How truly ironic. Not like that Alanis Morriset song where she totally doesn't get the definition of irony. Heheheh

That is the downside of having a lengthy holy book, nobody can remember all of it so people mostly just pick favourite passages. I remember my grandfather just picking a random passage for dinner, that at least makes some sense. But I agree with you, it is quite hypocritical.

The only way you could ever 100% is if you made the bullshit up yourself, and love the taste of your own cow shit manure.

I concur. There are also members of the clergy project who have talked about how "church" members reacted to them talking about what they learned at seminary of what a bible verse says vs what they assume it means.

I think a few people actually believe. Most just say they do because either their parents told them to, or they're worried about what happens after death. Then there are the handful of nutjobs that try & force their ideas down everyone else's throats. They usually end up in Congress. Oh well. When I die, I'm going to do as Mozart does & decompose.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:189310
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.