Agnostic.com

38 11

How many folks here know who this is, and/or remember his presidency?

HippieChick58 9 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was in West Berlin when he became president, and there when he gave his famous "Ich bin ein Berliner" speech. The Berliners loved him. I also remember the exact moment when I heard of his assassination.

I was in Kindergarten when he was assassinated. The principal came into the classroom. He was crying when he told us. We really had no idea what that meant, but grownups were crying and that terrified us!

That I clearly remember as well as seeing Lee Harvey Oswald shot on TV

@HippieChick58 When they said it happened in Dallas I had an image of him in the convertible but coming around a big rock in the desert and an Indian in a loincloth jumping off the rock onto him in the back of the car. I clearly did not understand his presidency

Wow - at the speech! In 63, I was on our grade school playground.. when the news arrived..

I remember spending time with my ‘republican relatives’ in the hills, watching him on black & white tv, asking that we kids be quiet so they could hear him. Stating, “Though we didn’t vote for him, he’s still our president.” That’s the kind of ‘republican’ I was raised as… Move ‘ahead’ to President Obama.. and the disrespect I’d hear from ‘republicans’ made me sick…

...the good ones die ..and evil wins ~

Varn Level 8 Jan 28, 2018

I was in junior high gym class when somebody came into the locker room and told us all that the president had been assassinated. Later on, my mother--a Republican--broke down and cried at the library, where we had gone after she picked me up at school. We watched all the TV about the assassination and funeral and then got the AP coffee table book that came out immediately afterwards. I think it was called "The Torch Is Passed."

Although the man certainly had his imperfections and in some respects wasn't all that liberal, I was proud that he was our president, and even my Republican parents thought so, too. How have we come to where we are now from this?? 😟

My Repub parents hated him. Too bad they aren't around now to ask, but my drift was they thought him a playboy. Monroe didn't help him any either. He was a cheater and beat Jackie, she lost the 3rd baby after he kicked her down the stairs? Anybody else? I laugh when "they" call him one of the best. Right. At least you touched on imperfections. Then there were the drugs and booze, wow, WHO wants to tell the truth here?

@fantasticalice Do you mean "the truth your parents told you? No, I know JFK was not saint.

@fantasticalice I've heard a lot about Marilyn Monroe , I'll just leave it there . . .

@Douglas HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR PRESIDENT sang Norma Jean in a white satin gown sparkling strapless she slept with Bobby the same year and Peter Lawford with Sargeant Shriver helped cover up the dead nude body a bit more gracefully than Mary Jo Kopeckny

I remember his presidency somewhat. I remember the tension during the Cuban missile crisis. I surely remember the day he was shot. I was in 3rd grade in a Catholic school, the nuns just flipped. The whole country was in shock. Now any real details came later, in hindsight when I was older, & as history, even if fairly recent history. Mostly remember emotions from the actual time.

I remember where I was (at work) and we all just stopped working. After a half hour or so workers started drifting away and we all went home to be with our kids..

I know who he was - as, I'm sure, most people will, his image being one of the most iconic in recent history - but I can't remember his presidency on account of not being born until eleven years after his assassination, which I feel is a reasonable excuse.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 28, 2018

Sane here, including the eleven years after bit.

Of course. He died when I was 7 months old. Don't remember but I've obviously heard a lot about him. I wish he, or someone like him, was president now.

Just, my father cried the day he was assassinated, I can still remember what I was doing when I first heard of it. Given I am in Oz, will give you some kind of idea how well known he was, my parents saw him as the saviour in their generation.

I can believe that

He was great! he wanted us out of Viet Nam, he wanted World Peace - and he was assassinated for it!

gater Level 7 Jan 28, 2018

I was 15 when he ran and was elected. At the time I thought he was a good man and went door to door handing out flyers and got folks to vote for him. Then, stayed up half the night watching the election results all excited when it looked like he was winning. When he was killed I was a little older and wiser........in a different way. I was working in Springfield, Il. and happened to be stoned in my hotel room when the old desk clerk called on the hotel phone and told me the president was shot dead. I didn't take ir so bad, in fact probably didn't care too much. I read lots of books on the subject and not sure what to believe. MalcolmX summed it up be saying, "The chickens have come home to roost".

Thankyou for the teen adult report on JFK & I was in 5th grade Nov 22 told to protect my 3rd grade sister on our way home from school early AFTER I SAW WALTER CRONKITE declared JFK dead on our tv in Mrs Kephardt HOME ROOM. ...I watched Ruby live TV shoot Oswald and the Rotunda coffin viewing. ...11 years old I became an Atheist man painfully aware of Vietnam Detroit Newark Malcolm X (a friend knew him in Omaha as Mr.Little)....2nd grade I was an Atheist kid not siding with Democrat Catholics or Nixon Quakers 1960. ....platitudes and gunfire. ...not a lovely choice for any generation

Know who he is, wasn't alive for it, hope he's not the last President Kennedy... talking about Joe Kennedy of MA right now.

I love Joe Kennedy, I'd love to see him run.

I don't like the idea of political dynasties, but Joe is one of the few Democrats I hear saying what needs to be said about this travesty of a presidency, and he says it well.

@HippieChick58 He is scheduled to give the Democrat's opposition speech to the SOTU Address . The only part I care to listen to . I'll be catching the film at 11 . . .

@HippieChick58 Joe Kennedy is a key sponsor of BDS felony suppression bill that would make law jailing boycotting divesting sanctioning SPEECH protecting zionists from effective economic pressure to stop murdering 94 Palestinians for every 6 Israelis killed . ...Rachel Corry died as an American failing to stop IDF bulldozer killing Palestinian children inside their house. ...Mario Cuomo signed a similar law denying contracts to any anti-zionist company ACLU can only slowly litigate NY and issue press releases on anti-BDS censorship laws

@BikerDude50 Bush Crime Family dynasty goes back to Walker bankrolling Hitler until 1942....Jeb Bush committed treason with his thugs terrorizing 50 thousand blacks away from polls FL 2000 and racist "liberals" including Bernie blame Nader not Jeb for the coup de tat against President Elect Gore Junior

Was not here...heard that it was different....

I just watched the movie "LBJ" last night. I actually think JFK was our best "modern" president. I can't help but believe that Senator Richard Russell had some motive to murder JFK, even though he was critical of the Warren Commission. We will probably never know what the real reasons for JFK's assassination were, or who was behind it though. It's been 54 years and we are no closer to knowing.

I wasn't born when he, er, ah died, but I hear he liked a good cuppa chowdah.

Sure, I remember when he was assassinated.

Know who it is, but he was assassinated before I was 2 yers old.

I was 2 when he was assassinated. However, I've read countless books and watched many documentaries on his life and Presidency. A flawed individual to be sure, but a true statesman and leader. Something we are sorely lacking today, from the top on down.

Was Born on the day This Man was Elected president !

Of course !

He was assassinated three years before I was born.

I was 3 when he died

I know who he is. too young to really know what he did at that time

JFK, of course. I remember the day he was assassinated. Sad. Very sad.

I was a year old when he died.

I remember some of the Cuban Missile Crisis and parts of his funeral. Pretty good since I was born at the end of 1958.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18971
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.