Agnostic.com

28 4

Household Chores

Which household chore do you hate doing? Why?

• 6 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 13 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 9 votes
  • 11 votes
  • 6 votes
Crimson67 8 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dusting. Fortunately, after 3 months it doesn't get any deeper.

🙂

That made me laugh out loud!!!

i voted right after i cleaned the bathroom. having 2 messy teenage boys makes cleaning the bathroom even more unpleasant. Not sure how urine gets into places that it does.

Game changer. Teach those teenage boys how to clean the bathroom and then make that their job. You won't have to do it anymore and their future housemates/spouses etc. Will bless your name in perpetuity. 🙂

I don't mind cleaning so much, but ENJOY it? I think not.

Where is the all of the above option? I enjoy cooking, but cleaning the bathroom is the worst, especially on my back.

Pressure hose?

I need a maid!

Sacha Level 7 Jan 28, 2018

Me too! We had one when I was a couple and had a double income. It won't fit back into my budget for a spell.

Dishes... I simply don't care to do them but I love to cook so they are always waiting 😛

I don't dust. It's how I remember where everything goes...

dear, the floor doesn't get dusted...Good comeback anyway.

Washing the dishes. I hate the texture, the odor... it's just blech!

Zster Level 8 Jan 28, 2018

Get a dishwasher.....jijijijij

I have one. I still end up dealing with stuff left in the sink to slime over. ):

Mopping and bathrooms -- both for the same reason. My back gets tired from all the reaching and bending.

I just finished doing all my weekend chores. Yay me!!

Many years ago I received a kick on my back (gym) and any chore that requires I bend forward (making the bed / sweeping the floor....) is still painful....so, I bought a robovac (I named Eloise) to sweep for me. I wish they invent one to make the bed.

Get a doona and fitted mattress sheet. In fact I saw a doona on Indiego a month or so ago that made itself ie. folded back up the bed ... it didn't jump into its cover/case though it may have been possible to unfold itself into the cover/case...

@FrayedBear I use -like everybody- fitted sheets but I never heard of "doona". I' ll check.

@DUCHESSA it's a fibre/fleece or feather bed cover that goes into a case like a pillow only it is bed size. You wash the case regularly and clean the doona as required - 6 monthly in our climate probably every several years in yoirs unless you have pets or sleep/ play on top of it . It replaces blankets and top sheet. To make the bed you simply pull it up after airing the bed each day. There are differing warmth grades to suit your personal needs and the seasons or climates.

Laundry. It's never done. There is always more. As soon as you feel you finished there is always more, more, more . . .

I just cook and clean the kitchen ... I don't mind... my wife is always doing something and she don't want any help...

Yep. I pretty much hate them all...

I hate doing dishes! I have a dishwasher, so there aren't a lot to do by hand, but I grumble the whole time anyway. If I still had boys in the house, cleaning the bathroom might be first on the list.

I can't stand doing laundry..it a never ending cycle and you can't do it naked..especially if you don't have a washer/dryer in your apartmemt.

I like doing household chores; being at one with the process relaxes me, and then at some point, I realize that I have more important things to do, and I am energized, and I dive into a more important project !!

Dusting is just sooo time consuming.

Dusting....there's just so much of it here!!!!

Having lived off grid in a converted route bus that had sliding opening windows and ill fitting bifold doors the hope of polished lino floor, particularly during construction phase, was rapidly abandoned. Strangely despite the lack of sewer flushing toilet, shower and electricity they were the healthiest 6 years of my life.

I suspect that we have been totally brainwashed by the manufacturers of cleaning products into their necessity. Live a little and let the body develop its natural defence mechanisms. Let the children play in the dirt and eat worms.
🙂
P.S. Don't sweat on the small stuff that's what the god botherer's deity doesn't do...

I follow the advice of Quentin Crisp "if you leave the dusting for 4 years it doesn't get any deeper".

I will just say I enjoy doing the laundry

An opportunity for exercise for those who have a sedentary occupation.

Lol

NON-household = non-daily?

1. unclogging toilet

2. washing walls & ceiling [physically too hard now]

3. Defrosting freezer

Your #3 a right royal bore.
Your #2 reminds me of an acquaintance who left a polystyrene eski on his lit stove. The open plan house was black from kitchen to bedrooms. It took him 6 years to get to the stage where he returned to freshly painted walls.

Cleaning the bathroom causes real pain physically, so does laundry, but I only carry what I can handle and I can stand up while doing it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18991
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.