Agnostic.com

20 4

Which high rate atheist state/country would you love to move to?

EmeraldJewel 7 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Any of the Scandinavian countries.

Canada or Australia

Hmmm most likely Oregon, its beautiful scenery there, if I could afford it some day, Hawaii have no clue on there atheist population tho

Living in Oregon, especially the blue part, it is quite atheist, so will probably stay here. Especially because all of my grand kids, and great grands kids are here. If I were to look at moving to another country, would look at Denmark, Sweden, Finland, and Iceland. Have a lot of scandinavian ancestors.

I live on an island in what is known as the Salish Sea. When we go to the mainland we say we are going to 'America'. In a way I already live in a high rate atheist 'country'.

Denmark would be great

I woul like to visit Maine, only becuase of the Far Harbour DLC in Fallout 4.

Cuba

Vermont

Netherlands

Norway.

I am happy as in New Zealand 😀 I could say Iceland, but I am not sure I could cope with the 6months of light and 6 months of dark thing. I would love to visit though.

Sacha Level 7 Jan 28, 2018

Exactly the two countries that I would pick. Maybe a snowbird between the two.

Iceland isn't at the North Pole. Even in winter it gets a few hours of daylight.

@Coffeo A couple of hours is not good enough for me

Think hunting and trapping would be in you future if you went there to live. To boot you would be extra cold because living in a warmer climate. Your blood would be thinner than people that live in a cold climate. It might take a couple of years until your blood got thicker.

I love Canada. Lived just a few minutes walk from Niagara Falls, Ontario. I would want to move there, but if the US goes to hell (like it has been) I would rather be further away. I'm thinking Scandinavia.

I've never lived in a state that was completely pro Atheist, but I would like to find one.

Happy where I am in the UK thanks.

Interestingly Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine have high rates of atheism in the US, followed by Alaska, Washington, and Oregon. I've lived in Washington state, loved it there but the high cost of living and the lack of sunshine were hard.

@MichaelSpinler Western Washington has mild winters most of the time. Now the Northeast states, it's bad enough where I live.

@MichaelSpinler I was precisely thinking "Snow up to your butt hole convinces you there is no God!". I've always lived in New England.

@MichaelSpinler or it could just mean we are secretly cold hearted. Cruel little, baby eating atheist. Hahaha!

I think Portland has the highest non religious population per capita in the US. Not sure though. I did enjoy my time visiting there.

The problem is for me is the more atheist people around, the more I can't afford to live there lol

New Zealand

Awww... Emerald... I love it here... I'm good for now. ... you see I fought for this country.... I did my part to live here..... i wouldn't measure up someplace else. This is just the way I feel for myself... No one else... just me.

So the countries with highest rate of atheism are: China, Japan, Czech Republic, France, Australia, Norway, and Iceland. I think Australia would be so cool.

Funny thing is I used to wish I was Japanese or born over in Japan. Lol but then I get to thinking about all the lives lost to fight for this country so I guess I could grow to like it, despite all the craziness over here.

Sweltering here in Melbourne (Australia) at the moment. But it's not a bad place on the whole.

Of the ones you listed, the Czech Republic has the best beer.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19021
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.