Agnostic.com

8 0

Church for atheists?

Is there any fellowship place for atheists?

erikgordon 4 Sep 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ok, so based on responders I will spend the morning drinking coffee and rambling round this site. Works for me.

The Unitarian Church is the closest I know of locally.

Depending on where you live, check out the meet up listings for humanists groups. We do have a humanist congregation here in Houston called Oasis(although I’ve never been).

This is it right here, if church means a congregation of free and fairly like minded, open minded people

There are atheist churches, Unitarian churches, etc.
But I've had enough organized religion for a lifetime.

If I want to get together with people, there are meet ups, community groups, book clubs, hiking and bird photography clubs, etc.

Yes, there are cities that have a Sunday assembly group and also others have an Oasis group.

why would someone who believes in no gods need a church? isn't a church a place of worship? a place to practice a religion? atheism isn't a religion; it's a belief there are no gods, or a lack of belief that there are any gods. there is nothing to worship and no religion to follow, for an atheist. sometimes atheists meet; they sure don't meet to practice atheism, as if it's a thing you have to do, as in a religion.

g

I mean you need coffee on Sunday

@DaphneDarling not necessarily worship but a place to gather and talk and such. That's what religion has. An organization.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:190224
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.