Agnostic.com

36 9

How would you feel if you found out that the person you have feeling for was transgender?

I'm not talking about deception or what if you were in a relationship and then you found out. I mean how would you feel if you were attracted to someone and later you found out they were transgender. Would you still pursue a relationship with that person? I personally wouldn't mind a bit. I have no issue with what gender they once were. My only issue would be post-op or pre-op.

paul1967 8 Oct 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

probably not pursue them

A dear friend is in a relationship with a transgender male. I didn't know this until after I met him. In no way did it make me think, this is a problem. He is such a loving person and has made my friend look 20 years younger. I am just happy for them both. I would like to think it wouldn't be a problem for me either especially if it made me look 10 or 20 years younger!!!

You look amazing just the way you are

Wouldn't matter to me, but I wouldn't be attracted to them sexually no matter what.

Being trans let me say that I am always upfront with were I am in my transition..but here's the thing..After my surgery I am under No Obligation to inform Anyone of my past life..at any point.
I really can't believe that intelligent people would Expect me to tell them something so deeply personal..to tell them the lie I had been forced to live under..I didn't realize I wasn't a girl till bathing with a girlfriend at the age of 4..It upset me no end that I didn't have a birdie(vagina)..I had a timmy(penis)..I was pissed that I couldn't wear a white satin dress and veil for my 1st communion..honestly..it was a total lie..
How many of You are willing to tell your partner all the lies you have lived or told?

II feel if I was attracted to someone who was transgender I would go with the flow. I haven't as of yet.

I wouldn't care either way if I had a strong connection with the person. Obviously, whether they're post-op or pre-op makes a difference when it comes to the physical side of the relationship. But if we did find a way to be compatible in that area regardless of their transition stage, then I don't see a problem with trying to make it work.

I am a pre-op trans gender woman and only attracted to straight men. If I were to run across a trans man who is as much a man as I am a woman, yes. I would sell my soul, if I had such a thing, for gender reassignment surgery, but it is expensive and I simply cannot afford it. Still, every fiber of my being is female and I need a man to make me whole. Any man who could love me as the woman I am, trans or cis, is fine with me. I just need a man around my own age to share my life with, to grown old with, to love an be loved by.

It shouldn't matter at all. Operative status is highly personal for that person, and I feel no right to pry. Personally I'm indifferent to it. Either way, if there's a connection, it matters not.

Agreed, no issue except for pre-op/post-op.

I would hope before feelings become involved this issue would have been discussed.

I wouldn’t care - it isn’t a person’s gender I’m attracted tonor interested in.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1904
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.