Agnostic.com

55 7

What's worse?

What is worse Physical abuse, emotional abuse, or verbal abuse?

• 29 votes
  • 73 votes
  • 1 vote
Ravenwolfcasey 7 Oct 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

55 comments (51 - 55)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sticks and stones to break my bones but words will never hurt me - is so wrong...

For me emotional abuse would be the worst.

Nardi Level 7 Oct 4, 2018

Most of the time abuse come in all three types at once, emotional is the worst though.

Emotional abuse if worse because it takes longer to heal from. This type of abuse can last years and shape people’s future. In my opinion it’s also by far harder to leave a emotionally abusive relationship

All abuse is terrible

Having seen all three, the idea of me seeing a male inflict "any of the above" to a female is just plain Wrong.

@maturin1919 I would submit that in both cases, suggests that violence(mental, physical, verbal) is still wrong, especially if the offender is just obviously just plain ugly, wrong, or a dumb bully. There is truth to the axiom that violence begets violence and sadly, violence begets More Violence...thereby elevating the chances of violence increased to higher levels or more(verbal & emotional upped to physical violence). There are ways, critically chosen word(s) and/or legal process(I resorted in 2003), that can easily put the offender "on notice". If it cannot eliminate it, it can minimize more "violence begetting more violence"...since any civil/legal act puts the offender under a public microscope. And since those type of offenders are really bullies...Bullies are Merely Functional Cowards who act out when they "think" that they free from any consequences..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:191167
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.