Agnostic.com

39 5

What do you regret the most from your last relationship?

Chrissybudleaf 5 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments (26 - 39)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That we couldn't save it.

That it ended.

I honestly don't "regret" anything in my last relationship. We had a lot of good times and I laughed a lot! I learned a little more about relationships, a little more about me, and a lot about what will and will not be a part of any future relationship. Namely the person 1. Must be atheist; 2. Must not be a TROPHY hunter. (Hunting for FOOD to me is fine.); 3. Must be a democrat or a liberal or have a lot of the same views on political issues as I. Living in the deep south increases my chances at perpetual singlehood, but I've decided to never compromise (or be naive) on those things again.

Allowing myself to have been so utterly and completely fooled.
Knowing I did that made me doubt myself for a long time.
I'm not blaming the other person. He is who he is, and I should have seen it.
I blame myself for being so blinded by "love", I gave him the power to wreck me.
So it should have come as no surprise when that was exactly what he did.
That's all on me. Lessons learned.

Well, as my 23 year marriage is ending I feel like I could write a whole book on this subject. Not even sure where I would start.

I'm actually happy my last major relationship ended as it did. We are good friends still, & we just couldn't stay on as we were. I have had some "relationships" since, tho not recently, which I sorta miss, & do wish something was going on now. I am lonely (& horny, honestly), but I have hope for the future. I am a good guy, smarter than average. Not too bad looking. Decent dancer, & can carry a tune in a bucket. I consider my partner before myself, mostly, when love-making. I seldom spill on myself when eating. Somebody could do worse!!!

Answer; my last relationship, it was really messed up, her kid was stealing from me as well as her own mother and grandmother, I'm not talking about a few dollars here and there, I'm talking hundreds of dollars at a time, I couldn't get out there fast enough

Allowing myself to dismiss her distinctions.

Not paying attention to my cat...she hated him.

Animals have the best "sixth" sense. If they do not like someone it is very often for a good reason.

Ending it.

Going to the place where I met him.

That he moved in with me.

Lack of communication!

not asking how he felt about chump... would have saved him some dinner bills and me some time 🙂

What is chump?

@BlueWave trump

@Ad4hubby Ohhhhhhhhhh......yeah, that's one way to weed out the unmatches. 🙂

My last relationship started before he announced he was running.

And our decision that we were not a good match came on October 7th, immediately after trump tweeted his threat to North Korea. I FINALLY said "Don't ever defend that motherfucker to me again. He is a piece of shit and he is destroying our country."

@BlueWave omg yes... I so feel you there. It is like talking to a brick wall. I have kids... daughters. I cannot look them in the eye and tell them that I'm dating a supporter of an accused rapist and self admitted sexual assaulter. 😟

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19191
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.