Agnostic.com

8 3

"Church, State and the Republican Party" forum will be held in Raleigh, North Carolina on February 20, 2018.

The forum will feature Republican Atheists' Board Member Dr. Robert Price. He will be speaking with Reverend Creech.

repubatheists 7 Jan 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Zionism is a greater threat to world peace than criminal theocrat Betsy deVos incompetent Secretary of Education who committed perjury during confirmation hearings AND SHE IS MARRIED to war criminal Blackwater Erikkk Prince

Leaders of an unholy cabal.

The gop is trying to broaden their base, trump's base is pretty narrow. Both parties monitor social media and look at trends, I think the gop is more prone to go down the hate and fear mongering path than the dems.

Now that you mention it, I have a neighbor who is atheist and a tightly-wound right winger. He is an atheist yet believes in the Bible as history and science. He believes in Noah and the flood, he believes that Jesus was right to do his miracles but that feeding the poor is a bad thing.
I could go on for a few more paragraphs but it sounds way too stupid.

Europe here. What will Price defend in such interaction? Can we find official information online?

I knew a lot of Conservative Athiests when I lived in Winston-Salem. They weren't the funnest bunch of people and I'd probably not want to have any over for dinner, let alone go to one of their forums. However, there is an attractive side to Libertarianism, if you don't think about it too much. Freedom, to me, doesn't mean taking all the power from the government and giving it to corporations.

@WynnHorton disagreeing with the outcome of a political theory is not the same as not understanding it. The vacuum at the top of Government getting filled by the power of corporations and the wealthy is as a very legitimate fear. The reason Libertarianism hates corporate welfare is because it comes with regulations. Take away one, take away the other and we are all helpless against the power of the oligarchy.

How can one be Republican and Atheist? Apparently, Dr. Price refers to himself as a Christian Atheist.

jeffy Level 7 Jan 29, 2018

They are called 'Libertarians'. There are a lot of them but they do have a goddess and she is Ayn Rand and their Sataness is Rachel Carson.

@WynnHorton What voice does an atheist have in the Republican agenda? My point was perhaps Dr. Price must refer to himself as a "Christian" Atheist to be heard. I know very little about either, but I suspect this to be an event with an outcome much as what happens on Fox News with their token liberals - you know Fair and Balanced.

This confuses me (not an unusual thing). Reverend Creech? Atheist? Republican?

Yeah I'm confused also. Need to look this up I guess

Dr. Robert Price is an atheist but I do not know about being repub.

Creech is not atheist. He is with North Carolina Christian Coalition.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19391
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.