Agnostic.com

11 4

QUESTION Once upon a time, God made bananas

One of the most devastating blows to atheism in the modern age is The Banana Apologetic. Christians worldwide use this convincing illustration as proof of the existence of God and evidence that he created humans. Just look at the form and function of the banana. Clearly, it was created to be peeled by hominids with opposable thumbs and a natural lust for its delicious flesh. How can atheists even continue to deny the obvious existence of God after this brilliant exposition by the likes of fundamentalist personalities like Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron....or not.

Dougy 7 Jan 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was watching that video yesterday precisely and to Mr. Comfort was enjoying that banana too much...

Bananas are the perfect food!

Close enough 😉

So why the fuck we need a knife to open clams and a mallet for good king crab eating?

95% "Bad" Cholesterol ? Take a 'hint', you heathen ! 😀

@Douglas You got me there.

After god created the banana Adam went limp and then god created woman for show and explain time to Adam that he had to procreate,

EMC2 Level 8 Jan 31, 2018

In the UK the bent banana was highlighted as part of the lampooning of the European Union. The myth got around that it was ridiculous to even try to control the shape of a banana and "Is that all the EU is for?" Actually in shipping terms one could have packed a lot more bananas in the same space. The arguments have now subsided but it shows how devious one has to be to control the shape of anything to fir in with your own design theories. " The banana was bent over to reach the mouth of the eater " was a phrase in one religious video I saw .

What? I suppose they all think we are descended from monkeys!

Most cash crops have an almost inedible wild version.

But alt-rights typically don't read much, mostly watch Fox News, and are suspicious of science.

They even seem to think the Bible was written in King James English!

Uuummm, it was man who selectively bred the banana from basically a hard seedpod into the lovely fruit we have today....Mendell is King!

I think I remember hearing about that , but just barely . . . ?

when it comes to proving the existence of God, the banana had to be the ultimate crap response, for fucks sake, come up with something more significant see a lot of this crap on you tube.

It was this week's Atheist Republic Email. They also showed a Coconut & said it was from , well , take your pick , but it wasn't very nice . Bottom line , they defunct it . You should read the article , you'll like it . Everyone was tired of seeing it . That's why they addressed it , & well done too !

Oh yeah? What about bannana pudding then? No way us mere mortals could concive something so great.

The Banana Fallacy (as it has come to be known), has actually become the target of mockery, even by Christians due to its obvious absurdity and how it illustrates a clear misunderstanding of atheists’ reasoning for a lack of belief in gods. I mean, the fact that bananas get brown and mushy after two seconds out of the peel is proof enough that there is a serious flaw in its “design.” Never mind that while it has been intelligently designed, it’s been by humans, not a divine being. Wild bananas are gross and unable to even survive naturally because they’re sterile. Also, I don’t really like bananas very much, so if God made them for humans, he excluded me from enjoying them – what a jerk.

Dougy Level 7 Jan 29, 2018

A guy asked one day..... Bob..... what's your point?
Anyway........ who cares?
Just sharing what happened to me......

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19453
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.