Agnostic.com

80 8

How old/young were you when you realized you were atheist/agnostic?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

80 comments (76 - 80)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Age 22

About 30, though I had been questioning since I was about 18, just didn't feel like I could give it up. Too many years of Catholic schooling.

1. The religious teaching (catholic) that I received, and all of the bible stories we had to read just didn’t make any sense, even when they didn’t contradict each other. I was a bit precocious.

I did carry on attending church until I was 13 though, just going through the motions. I was even an altar server for two years till I got thrown out when one of the priests overheard me saying the 10 year old boys’ equivalent of ‘this is all bullshit’. I couldn’t deal with the prospect of my mum’s hysteria (had to be seen and heard to be believed).

Early 40's agnostic and mid 40's atheist.

I never had such a moment. My family was not religious.

You are indeed a fortunately individual

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:196024
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.