Agnostic.com

16 0

Brush with Fame

What famous individual or group of famous people have you had more than an unexpected passing moment with?

Paying $100 for ten minutes at a FanExpo or ComiCon getting an autograph doesn't count. πŸ™‚

Davekp 8 Oct 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I met Richard Simmons in Chicago O’hare. We were taking the same flight to Canada and started up a conversation. I knew I had a friend waiting for me and asked if he would meet her, he was hilarious and very kind.
Was asked to a private party by Dennis Quaid back in the early 2000. I declined
Met David Hasselhof back in the late 80’s, he liked them young

Hey, passing moments count especially when it was JFK. We were let out of school when he visited Lancaster, Pa. on a campaign tour. His limo stopped right where I was standing and I shook his hand.

The comedian Dennis Leary is a friend's cousin. We knew him growing up and he was just part of our crowd. He had a good family and the love and support he gleaned gave him the confidence to explore the talent he has. I'm happy for him.

Back in the late 80s - early 90s, I worked for a transport company driving towncars and stretch limos. Met a fair number of celebs in that job including ZZ Top, Aerosmith, Judas Priest, Bill Murray, Wayne Newton, Freedom Williams, Backstreet Boys, Frank Abagnale, and some others.

I learned one thing about the rich and famous; they're lousy tippers.

Well, apparently I used to hang out with Bon Scott from AC/DC in my early teen years. Something that I don't remember doing. He was from the same small town I was and my friend told me that we used to hang with him at the dance venue in the city. I believe we were around 14 or 15 at the time and we used to sneak out as often as we could manage it, to get to this dance venue. It was the happen' thang. I just remember a lot of drunks, druggies and loud rock music, so he would have been (to me) just one of many drugged/drunken souls. This would have been before he was AC/DC.

oooh...I forgot! I once shared a Heathrow airport traincar with Michael Palin! πŸ˜€ Of course, I just stared at him like a starstruck teenager and never made a move.

Former England cricketer Tim Robinson nodded at me in the ladies wear section of a department store once and said β€œHi Phil!”

It was early evening at Nottingham railway station. The platforms were deserted after the rush hour and I sat down waiting for my train. A train arrived on the other platform. As it left, there on the other platform was the then Prime Minister Tony Blair,

Mohammad Ali, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Bobby Bare, Hoyt Axton, Hollywood Henderson, Ricky Nelson, Leon Russell, Sherry Jackson ( the actress in Make Room For Daddy ), actress Amy Irving, author/musician/Texas gubernatorial candidate Kinky Friedman

You’vE rubbed some elbows eh, wha’? How old was Ali when you crossed paths and what was the gist of your conversation?

Countless but can count enough of them to know that most are dead today.

Geoff Fieger bought me a beer in the 90's. LOL

context..like .. who is Geoff?

@Davekp He was once Jack Kevorkian's lawyer.

Ted Allen (Queer Eye and Chopped) once spent ten minutes talking dogs with me at Meet the Breeds in NYC and I didn't even know it was him until someone told me and I just about fainted. There I was nattering on about grooming and how much exercise was needed and it was Ted mfing Allen! OMG. I'm so glad I didn't recognize him as a celebrity or I would have completely embarrassed myself.

Also, Michael Stipe sweated on me I was dancing that close to him in a tiny club right after Murmur was released but before they went on Letterman.

@seaspot_run you were anointed by Michael Stipe!! Love it!! ??

I once worked for a company that the USGA chose to use to mail things to its members. I wrote the code for it and once the transition fully took place one of its VPs and a couple of others visited us and him and I shook hands and had a small talk.

I've been an extra in two major US horse movies, and got to work with Jeff Bridges and Elizabeth Banks in "Seabiscuit," and Diane Lane and John Malkovich, in "Secretariat."

Did you talk to them?

I went to a party in a house owned by the late Michael Hutchins in NT in Hong Kong. I saw Duncan Goodewe (diver) in London. I shop at the same supermarket as Ted Robbins (British Comedian). I live near Jane Horrocks ( Little voice/Bubbles from Ab fab). I live near a lot of local celebs. I met Jackie Chan and Stephen Segal in HK...Jackie Chan is a lovely man...hmm met Alice cooper in Scotsdale in a pink jumper playing golf. Think thats it.

What's the story with you and Hong Kong?

@Davekp I lived there...oh and USA. British girl and a little globe trotter in mi day

@Amisja spent a month there directing a documentary for Discovery.. I’m not drawn to urban landscapes much anymore but what a great citty!!

@Davekp I lived on Lautau Island. I loved it and would live there still but for well...life getting in the way. I am not really a city girl. Country bumpkin really

I worked for Margaret Atwood ( Writer: Handmaids Tale, etc.) for about 6 months in the mid '80s doing home reno work. Even though she was away most of the time promoting "Cat's Eye" I had several encounters with her that gave me a good glimpse into her sense of humour and thought process. Quite a person!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:196604
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.