Agnostic.com

11 1

What band or artist has influenced you the most?

Not atheism-related, I'm just curious to know what artists have impacted your life the most, or they "speak" to you.

PolyWolf 7 Oct 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Beatles. The Stones. Jimi. Cream. Santana. Led Zep. Joni. Pink Floyd. Nirvana. Chris Squire. Jack Bruce. Billy Sheehan. Paul McCartney (for his bass playing). Stevie Wonder. Aretha. Kings of Leon. Bowie. Prince. Eric Clapton. Robin Trower. Finbar Furey and many other Uillean pipers. Rory Gallagher. Peter Gabriel. Paul Simon. The Cult. James Brown. Wilson Pickett. Otis Redding. B B King. Buddy Guy. Walter Trout. Frank Sinatra (for his timing and phrasing - no-one better before or since). Yo Yo Ma. Eminem. Joe Cocker. Z Z Top. There are more, but my brain just gave out.

@ValJ Damn. Knew I’d forgotten someone ?

Oh! Erik Satie.

Pink Floyd Van Morrison The Beatles AC/DC Boney James Mario Lanzo The Four Tops

Blue October, Tom Petty and The Doors

LP-Strange, U2, John Denver, Garbage, Souxie and the Banshees, Bread, Pink, Boxcar Racer, Elton John, Sam Smith, Pink Floyd.

Van Gogh, Count Basie, Sinatra, The Beatles, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Eric Clapton, Merle Haggard, and Bogart

so many! but john lennon, who was, apart from singing and songwriting, an interesting writer of flash fiction, and a good cartoonist, influenced my own writing style more than better writers did. that's sufficiently odd to mention, i suppose.

g

Michael Chekhov, Duran Duran, Donna Tartt, Mucha, Tennessee Williams

I had never heard of Mucha here. I didn't know I like art nouveau so much. Thank you. I love your style.

Claude Monet

Joseph Mallord William Turner

Michaelangelo

Had to look up Turner, but now that I have, I'm enlightened. Thank you. Such beautiful works.

Tiny Tim, Sammy Davis Jr., and Slayer

That's quite the spread. I love it.

Damn that's hard to say. There are too many and it changes from day to day. If I had to pick one right now I'd say Steely Dan.

Great choice though.

@PolyWolf Thanks...

Mine are: Clutch, Modest Mouse, The Shins, and Georges Bizet (the composer).

Good list!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:196758
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.