Agnostic.com

13 2

Have you ever found yourself embarrassed after asking a question that didn’t quite come out the correct way in usage of words?

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Most of my question seem to come out wrong, or more to the point, I ask inappropriate questions. I have no filters. I was a banker once, we always ask people how much they earn, how much something cost, what is it worth.

This is the Blue Lake in Mount Gambier, which has this vivid colour during the summer months. An attractive woman in our group asked what made it so blue. I replied that it was because of an orgasm in the water.

Lack of the orgasm can make me blue.

Yes on this site .I messaged the individual and apologized when I realized my comment to their post could be interpreted entirely differently than I intended.

I have my share. The ones I think about were when I was young and had black friends and trying to be cool, I said things that would be today considered deplorable. Hopefully they overlooked them as it was a different world back then. It still doesn't make it right.

gearl Level 8 Feb 1, 2018

Sure. Major Freudian slip I made one time. When I was young I was interacting with a beautiful young lady in a business environment, and I thought we'd been in some of the same classes at a college. I meant to ask, "What was your maiden name?" But what I asked was, "What was your virgin name?" She didn't laugh.

Means the same thing ... 😉

I had to ask for tampons. About 45 years ago.... I front of other ladies on a military base....ugh!

I don't really get embarressed really

As a non-native English speaker it happened to me quite often for the first few years of living in the US. Sentence structures are not quite the same when compared to my native tongue so it made my brain work extra hard. I’m pretty sure people though I had a slight mental retardation haha because I would almost always respond with a lag while trying to translate my thought into English and be as accurate as possible.

If I had, I've forgotten it by now. And at my age, there's not much left to be embarrassed about. It's all been examined and deemed either unfixable, or not worth the effort.

Yeah, I once asked a colleague at a company gathering, a person I had just met in person for the first time, "Do you have a little Latin in you?"

And of course another colleague chimed in, "If not, would you like one?"

I'll never ask that again.

Yes! Plus my friends all have perverted minds.....

Happens to me all the time, but my brain is a little fried.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20233
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.