Agnostic.com

37 13

Triggered! It doesn't happen often anymore but every now and then someone religious will show up in my social media and push my buttons. Today it happened in a discussion on school shootings. The guy said the solution is bring god back to schools. OHM OHM OHM.

Crimson67 8 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

makes me think if they brought god back into schools they would shoot him too

yep, we get so much of that here. The one that gets right up my nose is on forums for organ transplant recipients. People thanking God, not the families of the donors or the medical teams. Hey guys, if there is a God, who do you think gave you the illness?

Yeah, that'll fix it! Why not bring back voodoo dolls and burn sage while we're at it?

I think firearms should be able to be freely owned, but treated like automobiles, mandated training, testing, and insurance.
YOU want to own that assault rifle?
YOU get to pay the premiums for it too, and YOU are UTTERLY responsible for what happens with that weapon.
YOU want a COLLECTION of weapons?
YOU pay the insurance for them all, the registration, annually, for them all, and YOU are responsible for them all.

FIREARMS are for killing (all else is practice, lets not pretend otherwise), you want to be a GROWN UP and own LETHAL ORDINANCE, then there ought to be REGULATIONS COMMESURATE WITH LETHAL ORDINANCE, and there should be NO complaints about it either.

God did not invent the firearm, and is not armor.

God never left the school inasmuch as a student my pray anytime, anywhere the want to...how would anyone know that the student was praying? By putting "God back in school", they want unconstitutional, institutionalized prayer...which they cannot have.

I got into it with some a-holes about Native American cultural misappropriation, and one person had the audacity to say that it was destiny that they lost all of their land and life, and essentially that they had it coming. There will always be those who look down a backward scope, and have no concept of anyone but themselves. Mostly Christians and Republicans . . .

Scum are echoing John Quincy Adams who said in racist words: "the hunter fails in their duty to farm and build cities"

they had it coming?

This reminds me of a conversation with a police officer last year who was directing traffic in front of a school. Well it was not directly about religion, but it was derived from it as sure as can be. He said there should be more order in class. The children should learn to listen and do what they are told. I did not dare to argue with him, but my thoughts were clear: Learn the children compassion. Learn them to realize what their actions bring to others, supposing what someone would bring to him. There are a lot of children that are very much off the world nowadays. Computer games, especially the shooters, in some cases make the line between fantasy and reality very thin.

Gert Level 7 Feb 1, 2018

Grrr. Because their "thoughts and prayers" always work so well.

Tell that idiot that "god" never was in the schools....IAW, is against the law.

That stuff makes me crazy.

Of course, he never offered the "ban guns" solution did he - the honest Christian gun toting old fool.

I see silly stuff pertaining to religion and politics pop up on my feed all the time, and I just rolls my eyes and move one. I don't have the patience or the motivation to start arguments with people on Facebook, it's just a cesspool of inane nonsense. I use FB as a news feed and memes mostly lol, arguing on there is mostly a fruitless effort.

The last things that made me cringe were some people I know essentially being opposed to the minimum wage increase, and some stand for Israel nonsense. Both were factually incorrect or just flawed in their thinking, but there was no way I was gonna dive into that.

she is leaving out the part where she lives (I think) pretty close to one of the last shootings

That's what blocking is for. But yeah, ohm mana pad me ohm...

Hope it wasn't on this site. We all have our hot buttons. That was so bad on so many levels.

It is Thor's day.

Whoa!!! Thats not good!

this about the shooting in KY?

@witchymom I am from Louisville. I havent read much about the shooting or even sure where it happened since it has not appeared in the news here that much. I don't have TV. you have pretty much been my main news source on this

My question is where was God when those kids were screaming during that horrific shooting in Florida? They had a Christian club why didn't he answer their prayers?!? Action is need here not prayers and thoughts. Some people say that this isn't a gun problem, it's a people problem. Well let's regulate how the people get guns then. Other countries are doing that much more successfully than we are in America. Why won't we look and see what other countries are doing better? If you're a law-abiding citizen and you passed the requirements to get a weapon great. If not tough luck, the rest of us are safer. I definitely think that mental health and being able to get treatment is essential but also keeping weapons out of high-risk people is also critical.

That will never be the solution.

FB is showing me ads for some whackadoo fundy-ish xtian stuff, and I can't figure out why... The algorithm is totally stupid, though. I'm trying to figure out what I clicked on...

Adding the concept of alway eliminates violence right?

Meh, the world is full of idiots. Smile and move on. Don't confuse your identity with your beliefs. Leave that to other people.

speechless........

Probably won't work.

It's still there... they just hide it...

What happened to God is everywhere?

JimG Level 8 Feb 2, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20256
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.