Agnostic.com

30 2

I just had a long, stupid day. What do you do to unwind and relax?

Nottheonlyone 7 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Had a day like that too. Eating grilled cheese sandwiches and watching Big Bang Theory reruns.

I take my dog to the park or read most of the time. If it's been a particularly horrible day, I'll get some hard lemonade and kill things on the Xbox lol

I have been retired for over 23 years, do not work at all, am single, live alone, in very good health, so I rarely have any day that resembles a "long, stupid day". I listen to MY kind of music on YouTube all day when I am at home and to recorded music when I am in my car traveling. I probably live as stress free a life that is possible. I often say that if I had one wish, it would be that every human on this planet have, at a minimum, as good a life that I have and enjoy.

Sounds lovely. Sometimes I think I was born at the wrong time. I can't imagine (although I do hope I get to experience) retirement.

@Nottheonlyone Retirement is nothing like you ever had.... You got to live to experience it so those "long, stupid days" have to go so you can make it. Retired as soon I could at 62. Never to look back and question it.

@Nottheonlyone yes, you are right at being born at the right time. I am fortunate to have been born in that narrow span of history when jobs were plentiful, with good pay and benefits with a good lifetime pension at retirement. That condition no longer exists in the USA.

Oh, I am fully aware. Le sigh.

I preform daring experiments by stopping my heart for short periods in a sensory deprivation chamber triggering near-death experience and getting a view of the afterlife. Wait, that was a movie I was watching "Flatliners". I guess I don't do anything.

jeffy Level 7 Feb 1, 2018

relaxing in my living room with some John Coltrane or Dave Brubeck records while I enjoy a pint of some locally brewed IPA.

I play music. If its late I'll play my banjo as its not too loud if its early I'll let rip with the melodeon

Find an attitude adjustment of whatever kind seems effective and appropriate be it a diversion (book, music, other entertainment arts) or an altered state (cocktail or other).

I find those not god fixated seem more in tune with their moods and the big picture.

Coffee before and after a beach walk. Should point out, I usually walk with one or both of my now adult kids, very level headed, we walk up to 10 klms, and talk all the way, maybe a quick swim or surf, but it lets me vent and get other perspectives, or we plot against my antagonists.

I enjoy relaxing with marijuana.

Run! The harder the day the longer the run...

Music and coffee

Music, as loud as I can stand, until I feel better.

I'm a compartmentalizing fool for the most part. Unless the day is particularly heinous, once I get in the car and crank up the jams or resume whatever book I'm listening to I'm ready to enjoy the drive home.

That's a skill I've been working on developing.

I go to agnostic.com or do yoga.

Pedal my bike and using it to observe nature.

I am waiting for spring, I love biking.

Beer, beer, and more beer!

Some people consume alcohol others vent for 6 hours after the fact. I just take a shower... lay down in bed and play some music that will take me away to another place far from where I am. If you have a companion... sex should help you unwind a little bit.

One word..Manhattens!

A certain level of righteous sulking can also be quite soothing.

I would take a long, leisurely walk outside, then binge watch something good on Netflix, while eating dinner.

Music and a drink. There was a time in my life when I would say a couple hits of a joint. I don't do that anymore but sometimes I sure miss it. Just a couple hits, very chill, very relaxing.

Sleep.

I suck at napping.

I usually just wake up groggy and then unable to sleep at night.

Its a state of mind so I chill out in my mind.

Wines Fine. 🙂

Self-inflicted sex...a meal...a nap.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20264
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.