Agnostic.com

22 5

I'm asking this not based on one's personal beliefs, but what is most appealing? Of all the different versions of the afterlife you know of which one would you prefer to be reality?
Like typical heaven and hell? Viking Valhalla? Mormon triple heaven, no hell? Hades underworld? Reincarnation? Absolute void of consciousness? Any others?

DareBear 5 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I know the one I wouldn’t pick. It would be the 72 virgins one. Having to deal with one mother in law is tough, imagine having to deal with 72 mothers in law.

Lol

Hahaha! Pure golden comment.

Perhaps there would not be 72 mother-in-laws. It's possible some of the 72 virgins would be sisters.

Also that you're not marrying, that the mothers aren't there or that you're obligated to even interact with them if they are lol.

I would like my version of reincarnation to be real, where you accumulate wisdom from your previous life and continue to get better. I know this is as far fetched as heaven, but it is something I find much more appealing than praising a god for eternity.

Yeah, I would prefer that as well.

I have to admit, that on some deep level, reincarnation feels like a strong possibility, although the evidence for it is quite weak. This is one where I hold up the Ag flag IDK.

@LucifersPen
The time to believe something is when you have good evidence. I haven’t seen any. It’s just a good thought.

@Eazyduzzit I haven't seen UFOs or ball lightning either, but there is a probability one of those is truer than the other.

I've always liked the idea of reincarnation

I’d like to be reincarnated as a spoiled house cat. My cats have it made.

Reincarnation would that be nice

A return to Krypton.

Personally, I'd go to the Rainbow Bridge with the animals. 🙂

Oh I totally want to be a ghost that can travel between the living world and the "other side". I want to haunt the shit out of certain people. Second to that is reincarnation. You know, to keep the adventure coming.

Valhalla

'Heaven is where you get to see all the cats you've ever loved.' I know it's stupid but that would be perfect.

Animals* xP

@Neraven Sorry but I don't understand your comment. I'm old... 😉

Recarnation has my vote. I don't know, something about your soul going into another form of life sounds peaceful

Valhalla. I would love to fight all day and party all night.

Absolute void of consciousness

None of those have any meaning to me.

Absolute void of consciousness!! I was in a bad car accident and in a coma for 28 days and i remember nothing because i am a fucking animal!!

I used to be JW and they believe that people just continue or are resurrected back to earth. That sounded good until I realized that I would have to live eternal life as a JW and believe me that would be hell.

gearl Level 8 Feb 2, 2018

Valhalla. Say what you will about them, but the Danes knew how to party.

Heaven sounds okay.

It would be nice to come back with the gift of being able to read something and not forget it in 5 minutes... I struggled big time trying to remember stuff in school. Then I could of focussed on sports in school. I had adhd before people even knew what it was ... that sucked...

I have had the same problem all my life

Reincarnation...until liberation.

Then you're done with everything--including (and especially) "you."

I do not prefer one fiction over another,Vallhalla over Heaven over Hades, I see no evidence for any of them, and all of them driven by simple human fear of the end of conciousness, what we call death.

I am not looking for appealing... I am too busy here in this plane... I will worry about over there.... when I am over there. I am over here now... so I only talk about over here now.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20345
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.