Agnostic.com

10 11

Golden Week at Lake Clara and Lake Marion today

Golden Week at Lake Clara and Marion! Today Karen and I hiked 3.5 miles total with 1,300' of elevation gain to alpine lakes near Mission Ridge Ski Area, Wenatchee, WA.

Northern Larch are one of only two conifers in North America that lose their needles in the fall. In Eastern Washington (not Western WA), Northern Larch grow between 6,000-8,000' elevation. Lake Clara and Marion are at 7,000' elevation.

Northern Larch needles turn golden for one glorious week in October. I had a wonderful time! Photos:

1. Delicate curving ice on Lake Marion.

2. This old Larch tree survived a wildfire. Amazing!

3. Northern Larch between the alpine lakes. The trail was gold with needles.

4. Larch needles look like flowers up close.

5. Golden Larch lit by the sun. This tree made it through a wildfire (no lower branches).

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

beautiful pictures.

I walked my dog for 2 hours yesterday. We saw waterfalls, asteroid craters, mountains, and forests thick with trees. I didn't take any pictures so you'll just have to take my word.

Thank you for your posts and photos, I always enjoy reading them and the photos are gorgeous.

@19dacar52

Thank you so much! I appreciate your kind comment about my posts and photos.

That is so beautiful.

Magnificent

Do you take these photos with your phone or a camera? They are gorgeous!! ??

@Barnie2years

I took these photos with my Sony Cyber-shot camera.

Thank you for your compliment on my photos.

The first picture reminds me a lot of The Loch in RMNP. This lake is the most pristine lake in North America. I hiked it last year with my son. Upwards and onwards, the hike got a lot harder with Timberline Falls and Sky Pond, which damn near killed me. 10 miles and a 1800 ft. elevation gain in the rare air

Larch should be left in the forest. We used larch in a house and it was hard to work with, to many splinters to get infected before they come out easily.

What a beautiful location. I only know of Wenatchee from the song, which is just a backdrop for the story of an alcoholic who spent his life in lockup. He had a blue wing tattoo on his shoulder, a symbol of the freedom he only knew in his dreams...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:203843
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.