Agnostic.com

10 1

Do you know any politician who claims to be an agnostic (or even atheist)?

It seems that many politicians go out of their way to appear to be religious regardless of their party affiliation. We would love to help those trapped in the "closet".

Admin 9 Sep 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Kyrsten Sinema, who currently represents Arizona in the House of Representatives. She is also the first openly bisexual person ever elected to the US Congress.
[en.wikipedia.org]

Fortunately here in Australia, we have had many many politicians who have been openly atheistic. We even had State Premier who was not only an atheist but quite openly Gay, or perhaps Bi, and was instrumental in bringing in many needed reforms in his state, reforms that were ultimately extended to all the other States and Teritories of Australia. That Premier was Don Dunstan of South Australia.

In Canada, our Minster of Science is an Atheist, as are at least 8 other cabinet members who chose secular swearing in as opposed to swearing on the bible.

Carolyn Bennett, Catherine McKenna, Jean-Yves Duclos, Carla Qualtrough, Hunter Tootoo are all openly atheist, and we have many secular politicians. I am glad I am Canadian!

Asheville, NC has a city council member, who after winning his election, was challenged because of his atheism. It was struck down in court. He is still on the council. Believe it or not the NC state constitution stipulates that any office holder must have a belief in the almighty. NC's constitution is not unique. However federal law trumps the states' idiocracy.

I live in Asheville...cannot believe how backwards the state of NC is. I want so badly to move out of the country but don't want to leave my family.

Cecil just got voted out this month, but not due to his atheism.

I'm not aware of any politician who is agnostic or atheist. It would unfortunately end that career. Sad.

Kristen Sinema from Arizona

The president of Greece. Mr Tsipras honest man He said in public, that He does not believe in god. Also the president of Holland, I hear one from UK can not remember name If I remember good, the one president from Croatia also. I am sure that some Americans politicians do not believe, but if not pretend that they are believers, most of the public are not going to vote for them.

tonia Level 5 Sep 25, 2017

Several are in the UK parliament right now. Most of those of faith keep it to themselves, but there are one or two who try (and sometimes succeed) in forcing their beliefs down the throats of their constituents. Nadine Dores in particular and it worries me that people continue to vote for these people - it's only party loyalty for the most part and that's why this system needs to change.

Draco Level 6 Sep 23, 2017

Charles Bradlaugh. He was a British politician in the late 1800's

Next year I will seek political office again like I did in the past. Last year I came in second! That was for state representative. Next year I will run for state senate. And I do NOT accept ANY contributions!!

may The Force be with you!

btw, in what state will you run?

AWESOME!
I wish you well!

Donna:
Tnx.

I wish you great success!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:204
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.