Agnostic.com

19 2

How do ya’ll cope with an office job?

I work in a building that used to be under high security, so my office has no windows. To combat this, I fill my desktop with nature photos and try to decorate my desk with things that make me smile.

RandyMoose 7 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That helps. It's too bad the company doesn't bother to try and make the room more 'human friendly.'

Walks during lunch hour/half-hour. I eat at my desk when I get back. Sports after work. My desk is always sterile. I have no personal items on my desk.

Except for my first job as a dishwasher, I had an office job my entire career. I was thankful for this; it suited my personality, my knowledge, and my skills. However, I never worked in a building with such high security. I don't think I would like that.

marga Level 7 Feb 15, 2018

...by not having an office job. 🙂

I began writing due to the office environment. Whenever I had a chance I would write a paragraph or if I was lucky to have the time a whole page.

Gohan Level 7 Feb 3, 2018

suit, tie, skyscraper, traffic.....no more. soul killer if you abide that sort of thing.

Quit the switch board (remember those?) job. Got an outdoor job. -69 F to 107F. 23 years. Still better than the office. Cope? Big mirror that mirrors nature. Plants or posters as a window to nature.

I was an office worker for over 25 years all up,hated every minute of it. My only survival strategy was weekends. Head well out of town and go surfing or camping.

I work outside. It was bad enough working in restaurants prior to that, I couldn’t imagine an office job.

Facebook ... and the fact that it is the best damn job I have ever had - it just happens to be in an office in a museum 😀 I also work 2 days out of 5 at home and only 3 in the office so that reduces commuting costs and keeps it fresh.

I had an office job, next to the window that was across the road from [skyscreamer.co.nz] Reverse bungy. All day people were screaming. It was funny at first and quite entertaining. But after a while grated on my nerves.

Sacha Level 7 Feb 2, 2018

I had one once..I hated it..eventually they fired me...that was a good day!

I don't have an office job.

Dude, what is there to see in SanAngelo?

Here is our lake

@RandyMoose Holy sox! Hope you have a wet spring.

Man, if I didn't have windows, spotify and email ... Hmm, I wonder how I'd cope if you took one of those.

My office has only me. So I sing to myself, whistle tunes, look out the window. I've been known to take isolation easily.

On a daily basis! LOL! I'm a stateworker in CA and have been fortunate enough for most of my tenure here to occupy a cubicle with windows. The view ain't great, but it's better than nothing. Even with that, I have personalized my cubicle with lots of pictures of my kids (my daughter is a performing arts nut (age 16) and I have pics of her in all of her roles, plus some other pictures and misc items I have received as gifts, including several Star Trek holiday tree ornaments (complete with sound!). You could also install a personalized desktop background (wallpaper) on your PC if it's permitted. Hope that helps.

run away.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20497
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.