Agnostic.com

31 1

What do you do to look better in photos? Apart from turning your back.

Wonderful tips! How to Be Photogenic

[wikihow.com]

For me, the best idea is to bend my joints. Otherwise, I look like a pencil.

Here's an unflattering photo with arms straight at my side at Lake Colchuck, July, 2014.

Consider this selfie I took yesterday with my camera on a timer, balanced precariously on a stack of books.

Just got back from hiking. I showered and changed. Hat hair from hiking two days in a row. But I'm glowing from outdoor exercise.

Another thing I learned from this article: body angles.

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think you look very nice. I stand there like a rabbit in the headlights. I can do nothing to save the situation because I have a sinus problem that just worsens by being conscious about it.

Romove my head from the shot ...sorted !

i do absolutely nothing to look better in photos taken by other people. if i am taking a selfie with my computer and thus can see what i'm getting, i do move my face around to try to reduce the glare off my specs. i don't take the specs off, though.

g

I tend to oversmile. I try not to do that. It doesn't always work.

You are all hilarious! This post has brought out the comedians.

My drill:

1. Tuck chin down.

2. Lean slightly toward the camera.

3. Shuffle feet awkwardly. Never know how to stand.

4. "SMILE, dammit!" Dad said to our horrified faces, as he backed toward a cliff with his camera.

I found pushing my head forward and pressing my tongue to the roof of my mouth helps to reduce a double chin at least a bit.

@memorylikeasieve

Thanks for the tip. When standing for a photo, I never know what to do with my feet. Feel like a gawky colt.

@memorylikeasieve

I don't even have a double chin. But when the camera is below me, I look like I have a triple chin.

I keep telling my hiking partner, Karen, to hold the camera above my face. Karen always shoots from below, creating dreadful, unflattering photos.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:205038
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.