Agnostic.com

28 7

Krispy Kreme donuts are coming!
The thing about that is, they will have one store to start with, and they have chosen to put that store in the area of South Auckland, which is the area with our highest obesity rates, Mostly a community of Samoan, Tongan immigrants and Maori. I think that it might be right next door to one of the many KFCs they have out there.
A Lot of people are up in arms about the whole thing, coming to NZ and putting your store there in that area when Dunkin Donuts are just everywhere. bla bla.
Do you find where you are, that Krispy kreme or stores similar choose to place themselves in low income high obesity areas?

Sacha 7 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I hear 'Dunking Donuts' mentioned I always think of Danny DeVido

Saw the guy who started this crappy food franchise in a TV interview about starting up his KK shops in Singapore I think it was. It was a paid type interview, not at all critical. Great. Just what Singaporean children need: western obesity. When asked about KK donuts and health he replied that it was an occasional enjoyment food and we should not be too worried about that. In the next breath he went on to say about the "rewards" card or some such, so every 10 donuts you eat you one free. Not a hint of awareness of contradiction in his mind. Wonderful. Noooo thank you.

Don't do the donut experience anymore. I am not there anymore but I remember with my favorite dancer returning home from dancing and after a dinner meal, waiting for 4 AM to stop by a neighbor Dunkin and get a dozen of freshly baked ones. Jelly filled were my favorites. Seemed without her, donuts just don't taste the same. I saw krispy kreme in Jacksonville but then again... I think I need a partner in crime to attract me.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20561
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.