Agnostic.com

5 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Unions anyone?

The Unions were run by the mob before they were busted. I'm not opposed, but I recommend vigilance.

@EdEarl That is a gross exaggeration. Some unions on the east coast were run by the mob but it wasn't a reality hardly any where else.

@kmdskit3 True, not all. Teamsters was a big one in the news as being run by the mob, but I wasn't there.

I'm a big union supporter. I worked in aerospace for almost 30 years much of that as a company labor relations rep. There's good and bad in every segment of business, unions included, but unionism, in general, did a great deal to benefit the common laborer in this country over many decades. I watched, before I retired, as the unions lost power, and along with that, wages and benefits. Simultaneously, so did the non-union workers. A rising tide floats all boats.

@Condor5 I agree completely! To go along with what you said the decline in the middle class runs directly parallel to declining union membership.

@kmdskit3 bingo.

Yea...but didn't a report just com out that unemployment is down to 3% and some change? Oh...I guess working 40 hours full time and STILL needing government subsidies while being labeled a lazy freeloader is what's so great about America. That's if you can even find a job...

The figure for unemployment is derived from how many are collecting unemployment insurance and does very little to reflect the actual situation.

That's the reason when a person is hired at WalMart they get an application for food stamps. How f'ing wrong is that??

@memorylikeasieve My point exactly...

And scump wouldn't have a clue.

If you shoot for 30K per year then chances are you will end up making less...... Gotta dream big but gotta work hard too

They will reduce that if possible and this is what happens when workers have no voice as they did with the unions that have been broken by corporations moving jobs overseas.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:207160
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.