Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK GOP Candidates Lying About Health Care

Running scared i guess, republican candidates are now saying they will protect people with preexisting conditions, and the democrats are the ones wanting to take it away. this is ridiculous on the face of it; anyone who hasn't been asleep for the last decade knows the dems want to expand health coverage and the republicans have repeatedly voted to take it away, and that the preexisting conditions protection is particularly horrific to them. they don't even try to lie convincingly anymore! they know their base will believe anything they say, even if they say "the sky is blue" at one o'clock" and "it has been raining for hours" at two.

g

genessa 8 Oct 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Your post is correct. In my state a man who was elected state attorney general (Josh Hawley)and filed a lawsuit against allowing pre-existing healtcare conditions has now come out saying he is all for pre-existing conditions. He's also running for state senator and has no record to run on. The GOP is desperately running this man. The GOP is now saying all of their bad things are really the Democrats doings. It's all outright lies.

OK. Here's how to vote. Ask yourself which party repeatedly takes healthcare away and then Google this as a fact check. It's the GOP every time. The good old Republicans.

but the trump base doesn't believe google unless it brings up breitbart, drudge,jones, fox or worse, and although it is hard to believe there is worse, alas, there is!

g

@genessa You are correct and here's my problem with the thinking of Trump's base. Most of them never heard of Breitbart and the rest until Trump came along to tell them. I suppose they think Trump should know because he is rich. His money had nothing to do with these bogus money making agencies. Trump brought this in with him when he came in as POTUS and Jones, Drudge, and the rest are no more valid than believing what was told to you by Crusty the Clown.

@DenoPenno you know who i had a crush on when i was 9 or 10? orson bean! i thought he was the bees' knees! and he was! he was liberal, cute and funny! he told one of the funniest jokes i ever heard on carson one night, and no, i won't tell it here, but if you remind me elsewhere where it's appropriate, i may just tell it there. i saw him on game shows; he was clever. i saw him later as an actor; he was okay. he was getting old by then. then his daughter married andrew breitbart. i wasn't at the wedding but i can tell you with some certainty what they served to drink there: kool-aid. orson bean became a rabid tea partier. i couldn't believe it. not orson! not the guy who rode through greenwich village, with his wife, on his motorcycle, looking for their lost cat, calling our her name: "pussy galore! pussy galore!" not him!

if it can happen to orson, for sure it can happen to some unhappy republican (maybe former dixiecratic) family in a trailer somewhere in the deep south. what chance have they got in light of all this?

g

@genessa That's an interesting story. I remember Orson Bean and just now I have learned more about him. 🙂

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:207241
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.