Agnostic.com

37 10

Our relationship with food

What foods are standard in your diet?
Do you eat for pleasure, survival or both?
Are a potential partner's eating habits a deal breaker?

Crimson67 8 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Omnivore, I don't get hungry but enjoy food. One meal per day, almost always home cooked and from our own produce except for meat. By own I include what we barter, I swap with co-workers, I have spare eggs, but no mango tree. Mango smoothie for desert tonight made with home made yoghurt. Mostly just my son and I in this house, both can cook most things. I eat too much starch, potato and bananas are prominent in my diet.

Pasta, sandwiches, eggs, meat, cheese, not a lot of vegetables (I just don't like them), and other things thrown in at other times depending upon where I am.
I eat for both pleasure and survival.
I wouldn't go as far as to say "deal breaker", but that, too, really depends on what they are.
My ex-husband liked Tuna Helper. I can't tolerate the smell of cooked tuna anything. He could only make it when I wasn't home, and had to air the place out before I got back. He only did the first part. I'd walk in, smell it, and start gagging.

Not a deal breaker . I eat a lot of nuts , peas & frozen salmon . I try to keep it between 175 & 190 .

Dougy Level 7 Feb 4, 2018

I remember a friend saying eating what you want when you have the munchies from smoking weed is like an orgasm in your mouth. I thought that was perfect.

Both and yes if not both

I eat to survive, but try to make it pleasant. I "could" eat worms & bugs, but would prefer cheeseburger & fries

She'd have to be Klingon... but, sex with a Klingon female might be worth it

My favourite method of eating is what is known here as the steam boat. All tastes are catered for because you choose your food yourself.

Separate boats are used for each food type ie. Meat, fish, vegetable. The individual's food portion can be cooked in small metal nets or stainless steel cone shaped sieves after selection about every 10 to 20 minutes. Length of cooking dependant upon personal preference.

The cooked food is placed on a small rice portion and then garnished and or sauced according to preference and taste.

Meals last for anything upto 5 hours depending upon the quality of the company and its conversational ability.

[s.yimg.com]

I eat for pleasure. My wife is not. She does not give a good company when we dine outside. So I eat with my pals who share the same pleasure in eating. But mostly I eat from home. It's generally vegetarian and occasional seafood or chicken.

There are not enough "all you can eat crab" places anymore. My mother was Jewish so I was denied shellfish as a child.

Wicked, but my motto is " never trust a skinny cook", ergo, I'm not skinny, lol!

My standards are usually some form of meat (steak, pork, chicken) and either rice or mashed potatoes but I will usually try new things. I eat for both survival and pleasure.

You will accept your partner eating habits as part of the process and the communion of the spirits. I have no standards on my diet, not even coffee. Love Puerto Rican food. But also like Gringo's Cousine. Best spaghettis ever had were in Crete... "A la Pirate" with seafood included. Nothing like it. And loved tzatziki too, So paella in Spain and blood sausages in Germany. No deal breaker for me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20759
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.