Agnostic.com

7 1

I live in West Tennessee and just about every road here has several churches why do we need these churches it's all a man-made fairy created by humans

Knightmare 4 Feb 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Politics and power man. Here in my county in mississipi there seems to be a church every other mile. Of knownof one that split because they couldnt agree on colors for new hymnals. Also know of another family that had been at a churxh 3 generations. Their grandparents heloed found the church. Left recently because they wanted a preacher to stay and didnt get their way when the church voted

We have so many churches, that I wonder how they ever support the utilities and maintenance. But, we also have lots of BIG, churches with lots of property! To my east, a Methodist church, owns two bank buildings (that went under during the meltdown), one residential building and Church with recent million dollars addition! In this area, a lot of people leave a good portion of their estate to the church. Also, in this area, it is a well known fact, that sometimes, half the congregation will rebel, over changes or some other issue and a portion of the congregation will break off and start another church! I am happier when I see only a few churches as I travel around this country! That's just me!

Churches are a safety net for people who believe in any kind of religion. It is a place they feel comfortable in where, they can have solitude, prayer, a comforting religious leader to talk with, and a community of people who believe in the same things they believe in.

I wish they would stop spreading lies, and put some pool tables in the church buildings. I love shooting pool!

Same reason there’s a different gas station on every block.

A man's gotta make a living doing something and if you do religion right, you can make a killing.

Because they can't even agree on which dogma to follow.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21081
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.