Agnostic.com

15 4

Which do you purchase?

Assuming you’re interested in some corn chips, which would you buy? The Fritos or the store brand, considering cost, taste, whatever factors.

NothinnXpreVails 8 Feb 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

walkers crisps

I'd be happy to try the store brand, but I've been burned on buying generic snacks. Sometimes they're great, but other times the off brand is made from garbage ingredients and taste bad or cause indigestion. As @Paul628 said, though, Aldi brand seems pretty solid in terms of quality.

It's been some time since I've eaten any and then it was Fritos, but I'd be happy to give the store brand a go.
I'm a fan of Aldi stores and the store brands I've tried from there are good.

Bleh....too salty, since I first tried them forever ago

After browsing the comments I'm the odd duck out. I like the off brand more, I like the flavor and the crispness.

actually don't eat them

Wow, I find that odd, lol I mean look at the price difference. $4.29 v $1.20 (because you don’t have to buy 4 to get price) There’s no way I’d buy the Fritos. For that price I can get a can of chili and cheese for Frito Pie ( yes I kept the name lol). I can not see spending the extra money on the name brand. It may be a little better, but what value would put on the chips when they’re covered with chili and cheese? The experience will be over in 5 minutes, and for that 5 minutes, can I really justify paying over 3 times the cost of the non-advertised product?

Well don’t overspend on my account, I’d rather have the money in the bank. It’s tight. @AMGT

Fritos, no question. There are just some things you can’t skimp on, Q-tips, bread, cereal and FRITOS!

The chips from Chipotle are awesome. I’m hungry now

I usually buy ALDI's Clancy's brand, but Scoops in Salsa Con Queso is the shiz.

Gotta have tha Scoops.

Frito Scoops! Nothing else just the scoops.

No nacho cheese or bean dip?

@Paul628 maybe bean dip but not necessary. Lol!

Chili cheese Fritos! Yummy!

I concur!

Ever had Texas Grill Fritos? They only made them for a short while but they were incredible.

@JeffMurray What about guacamole Doritos from 2002?

Are you a marketing researcher for the big cornchip industry?

Fritos or Trader Joe’s, I tend to stick with name brands on most occasions.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21099
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.