Agnostic.com

37 6

Ever been so attracted to someone...and had it all melt away almost instantly when they started talking about some supernatural woowoo they believe in?

Happened to me when she started saying she could heal people by hovering her hands over them in the right way.

imnotdavid 5 Feb 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Too many times.. Booo hoooooo

I once dated a woman where the relationship started out quite carefree, fun, and we'd have some really quality conversations. She went through some shit where she needed a place to stay for about a month so I let her stay at my place. I figured it was nothing permanent and it would be nice to actually have a temporary live-in girlfriend for a while.

Well . . . .

After a few days, that month couldn't go by fast enough. The longer we hung out together the more I realized what an odd duck she really was. We had a serious conversation about some of her behaviors that I thought were rather odd, and she explained to me that she was Mormon. And Wiccan.

Really?!? A Wiccan Morman? I didn't even know that was possible. I'm still not sure that it's possible. I think she was just very confused.

She was definitely a weird one. At the end of the month she moved out, and I broke it off. I understand that she has since moved to SLC. Good place for her!! lol

No, I do my best to weed out the extreme folks before we get to spending time together.

Haha yes. Both with medicinal woo and supernatural woo

Yes, it happened to me. The more she talked the less attractive she became and I wanted to go deaf for the rest of the evening.

No. My expectation always been... Reward vs Cost. I am not looking for my Double in the Female realm. I lived for the hunt and all the nuances they bring in are part of the experience. I got my finger in the cut off switch but is not like is impossible to circumvent the issue. I keep high standards and No One Crazier than Me will be Allowed but supernatural woowoo not a deal breaker... sometimes that sex is the ultimate experience as long the ceremonial dagger is in your hand and not in hers of course... if she talks about blood of the offering... I always ask... who's blood?

Wtf

you didn't fucked her did you. Come on man... this is not junior high school. Why you act surprised? You just got off your village? It is a large world with all kinds of people in it and you are surprised by a "healer"? Grow up is a Big World, all kind of people with all kinds of believes.

Yes, I've also had it melt away when I see or hear about the way they treat and think about people.

Many times I've fallen love across a room, but then the closer I got, the uglier they became.

Will .. He said hes atheist but I found he shared parts of quran on his FB couple of days ago xD

Yusra Level 1 Feb 5, 2018

It is all relative. My mild, tame woo woo inclinations would be a turn off to an evangelical Christian.
Likewise, when a date started telling my how she demonstrated her psychic abilities to random customers in a WalMart around 2:00 am...I am so out of there.

Maybe it's Maybelline.

It's a trap!

That's where they get you. 🙂

It hasn't all melted away, still like most of his music. George Harrison.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21160
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.