Agnostic.com

67 8

Am I the only person who cares nothing for football?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

67 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What's football but an opiate for the masses, I care not.

Emile Level 5 Feb 5, 2018

I don't care about football on any level, and I am less than 50 miles from the home of the Cornhuskers. The only reason I went to HS football games is because I had a kid in the marching band. As soon as the band was done I was outta there.

I've been to one American football game and one Australian Rules football game. Both in the 1970s, and each time with someone who knew what was going on and could explain stuff. Since then — nothing. I can only remember the name of one footballer, and that's because his dad has the same name and they both played so the name has been around for a long time (Gary Ablett, for Aussie rules fans). Don't know any others. I knew the Patriots were playing in the Superbowl because a long time ago I lived in Massachusetts. Didn't know who they were playing, though.

I don't watch football because I don't like it. It's because I played in high school and watching it on TV is no fun any more.

Nope. You're not alone.
And I'm sure you all have to deal with the people who try to talk to you about the Super Bowl...
The look they give you when you tell them you don't care about football... Priceless.

Nope. I care not for foos ball. It's the devil! 😉 I'm very nerdy.

I was going to say it if no one else did.

No interest in any of the football variants from around the world. Cannot say I have any particular interest in any sport really.

I have exactly O interest in football.

Hell no ! And I know of dozens besides me ...

I love the Superbowl. Mainly because the gym is empty and I can train in peace lol Other than that, I'm not much of a fan

this is a good thread to find people with common disinterest

No you are definitely not. I have no use for the sport, either.

I don't like or get most sports. I remember learning about BIRGing (basking in reflective glory) in social psychology which is basically the idea that we attach our egos to groups so that when a group does well, it's like we are doing well. We get the same kind of dopamine reward for their successes. We probably all do this, but sports fanatics seems to be unaware of this psychological feature and so they lose themselves in the competition and do/say extremely stupid things.

I do watch some MMA, but I feel like it's a more practical sport. Probably biased.

what is MMA?

@btroje Mixed Martial Arts. It's pretty brutal, but I attempt it myself, so I like seeing other people do it, and I've been in numerous scenarios in my life where the skills were useful. It's not the same for other sports. I've never had to carry something 100 yards while people tried to stop me or had to hit a small object with a stick. But I've been attacked by people.

No, you aren't. I had a Marxist professor in college who said that spectator sports is "a perfect example of false solidarity," and I couldn't agree more, especially with regard to football and basketball. And yes, I know it's heresy for a Kentuckian, but that includes the University of Kentucky Wildcats.

Any Marxist have a lot of Wisdom in him/her.

You will understand this: I went to University of KY University of Indiana and University of Louisville and have no interest in basketball. When UK and UL played after x number of years I had no idea they were even playing

@btroje I hear ya. I went to U of L as well as Duke, fightin' words in the Lexington area. I couldn't possibly care less about the teams associated with any of those institutions.

No. I liked to watch my high school games, but after that I never cared at all. I have gone to a few Supper Ball parties, and felt like a third wheel. I would much rather just have a barbecue.

When I hear people talk about football, I say "Go Bills!" or "Go 'cuse!" Don't really care about the sport. It was fun as a kid having a neighborhood football game.

Non football caring person here. Of course I'm not in the US but football is football and it's all a big yawn.

Nope, had no clue it was SS sunday till they mentioned it on the chat thread of the Atheist Experience

Add me to the list of people indifferent to sports. I also feel sports that involve killing things (hunting, fishing) are barbaric. Hunting and fishing as a necessity for food is not necessarily bad if there is the need. As a species we need to evolve beyond the need to killing for food.

Hunting and Fishing are a niche skill set. You might seethem as barabric, but the reality is that you cannot have that skill set unless you exercise it. So, if you DO need to hunt or fish for life sustaining sustenence, and have no experience doing so, your gonna starve.

I grew up in hunting culture, but I neither hunt or fish.

@Davesnothere I am referring to the people who trophy hunt and competitive sports. Killing for fun.

No you are not. I don't like it, my sister and her kids don't like it either. Watchign sports is just generally boring to me.

As this site is international, you may need to specify what you man by "football". In America it means one thing and in the rest of the world it means something else.

Oh no! I care nothing for sports on TV! I watched the walking dead marathon yesterday.

I watched all 10 ep. of Altered Carbon on Netflix.

Just the modern day Colosseum. It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't deliberately made to distract the common man

I don't really care about most sports in general. They're really boring. My family loves football and it gets pretty annoying hearing about it all the time

...looks like if I piled on any more here ..I’d feel like ‘football!’ ...which I’d like to say - good riddance 😀

Varn Level 8 Feb 5, 2018

me.THere are only a few sports I may watch, usually connected with the olympics. I do not like basketball or football. I travel thousands of miles to visit family now for years and they will just point their face at those games no matter what

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21161
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.