Agnostic.com

67 8

Am I the only person who cares nothing for football?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

67 comments (51 - 67)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Even the name given is wrong... is a sport with very little contact of the foot with the ball... what is more ridiculous than that? americans can fuck a sport with the name they give... basketball? not rimball? baseball? not batball? football? not helmetball? You are not alone. And sport historians spare me with naismith and the peaches basket or doubleday and the throwing a man out throwing at the base. For a while sports was my mayor in college. You not alone.... and bowling? where the fuck is the bowl?????????

baseball is the only sport I really enjoy

I find that as American football loses popularity, soccer gains more fans and players.

Football has many definitions depending on where you are in the world.

No I don’t give a rats ass about that nonsense ,people going nuts over men kicking a ball between two bits of wood ! FFS. go read a book ????????

I've never seen an entire football game (live or televised) because I can't bring myself to care about it enough to even finish this senten......

I have been here for over forty years. Cannot get the hang of football. Not interested, either.

I never could understand the obsession America has with god-damned football.

And I always thought I was alone in thinking that professional sports were a waste of time.

Nope. In fact I am very much against "SPORTS" for the ridiculous amounts being spent on stadiums, ball parks, ball courts, tennis courts and so on. Add that to the amount paid to the players who are just playing a GAME. The cost of tickets can bankrupt some people but they insist that they go to the "GAME".

There is a place for everything in life.... in my youth I played a lot of sports. Spent a lot of time sweating instead of in front of a tv or playing a video game. We have no computers either. Hell girls will come to you if you can play. In high school athletes were the first idols even above the musicians or drug dealers. I have no problem with those that do sports. Sports teach you and prepare more about life than any video game. Not following them anymore... I learned enough I reckon... My take.

I agree. As children sports/games are a great source of exercise, teaches teamwork/spirit, and keeps kids from getting into trouble out of boredom.

It's professional sports I don't particularly care for. The amount of money spent and paid out for sport could go a long way to relieving suffering in poorer areas of the country where jobs are scarce. To me, professional sports have no redeeming factors.

@Betty Agree with you. Everything has a place and purpose.

I am quite ambivalent towards sports. Not liking football in my town (Liverpool soccer) is almost tantamount to saying your gay. I will watch the odd game like the word cup or a major final but as an event rather than the sport itself. It is the camaraderie with family or friends that I enjoy. Although I do occasionally watch some cricket or F1.

I prefer college football to pro. When it comes to college football, I really only watch when my Gators are playing.

baseball is the only sport I really enjoy

No probably not 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21161
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.