Agnostic.com

10 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Somehow I doubt anyone on this site is a multi-billionaire. Just an intuition. Could be wrong.

There are probably some technical millionaires here. Although that doesn't mean nearly so much as it once did. One needs to be debt-free with a net worth of a few million bucks at today's interest rates, to retire comfortably and indefinitely. The option NOT to work is how I'd define wealth.

That said, the "top 1%" in terms of income rather than net worth that everyone talks about, starts at an annual income of about $300K US. Most such people are heavily in debt and living beyond their means, though, and are not wealthy by my criteria above.

We're number one. Yay us. ?

This is an excellent example of how the game is rigged and also a great counter to the right's talking point about 'personal responsibility'.

Are you looking for a date HippieChick? 😉

Depends on who it is, but I likely wouldn't turn it down.

I'm shocked if anyone is surprised. This is what republicans do. It's what they've always done. Empty the treasury by giving the very rich a huge tax cut which creates huge deficit. Then run around like headless chickens about the debt and attack domestic spending for the poor and middle class. Shift power and wealth to the aristocracy and beat down the masses. We've been around this block many many times. The only things you don't know are the history you haven't read.

Not unless I win the lottery, but even if I did I wouldn't throw away my humanity and support the policies that bennifit the top 1%

Farewell middle class. I wonder what will be next? Feudalism maybe.

I'm in the wrong line of work. Sigh.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:215041
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.