Agnostic.com

34 11

Is anyone else a nerd?

I've been a nerd since I was in middle school. I read so much, I have to take breaks each day from reading. I've always been an avid reader. I have a bookcase 6 ft tall full of books and one shelf full of movies. I've read most of the books on my shelf. Do you or others call you a nerd?

Sarahroo29 8 Feb 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love nerds! Nerd are awesome! Unfortunately I am more dorky than nerdy 😉

Sacha Level 7 Feb 6, 2018

Birds of a different feather. 🙂

Lol.

I think I'm a geek. I don't have the focused intellect to be a nerd.

Awe.

Nerd! I love reading and learning.

Me too.

Proud to be a neeeeeeeeeeeeeerd!!! 😀

I don't read as many books as I used to but my house is full of them and I refer to books all the time. I've always had a fascinating for identifying and studying the natural world (I am an expert in parasite flies - a particularly under studied group) and for 27 years was employed as a general software / operating-system / tech-support / web coder. My work is virtually a magnet for nerds of all kinds - from coders to entomologists and I feel totally at home! 😀

Cool.

If you're drawing breath you've geeked out about something at one time or another. At the moment work is about to end and I plan on enabling my nerdiness at the weightroom! Pump, pump, pump, pump, pump, pump, pump, pump wonderful pump!

I'm going to lift tomorrow.

A nerd before it was cool!

Lol.

Lifelong nerd.

I will be.

We have the most fun.

Yes ,In high school when everyone was having fun in the park across the street at lunch time I was in the school library .Being a nerd did not help my social life that’s for sure

I don't have a social life.

“That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - H.P. Lovecraft

I think that exemplifies my nerd status.

Cool.

I definitely have nerd tendencies. It's okay. I kind of like that about myself.

I enjoy it.

I play Dungeons and Dragons at least once a week and I go Larping on Sundays. I’ve beaten evey Halo game on Legendary and I own all the books. So yeah, I’m a nerd.

Nice.

NERDS RULE!
I even have a beanie with a propeller

Pics! We want pics!

will try and find one, it is a "Benchin Beanie" got it for reviewing software back in 1995, limited edition each with its own serial number. Nerd plus.

In the Uk we tend to use the word 'Boffin' 😀

Cool.

Super nerd here! lol I read lots of philosophy, astrophysics, Mathematics, and history primary sources. I also enjoy geeky pop culture stuff like comics.

Writer/Editor here. I don't usually call myself a nerd, but I realize I'm different from the others. I don't watch much TV, but play with words aaaaallll day long.

I am most definitely a nerd. I also read a lot, and I'm fascinated with weather phenomena, languages, etymology, and all aspects of science including medicine (which is my career).

Pwang!
Busted...shhhhh

I'm an engineer, that's almost a nerd all by itself.
Only one bookcase? You need to step up your game.

Ikr? There is nowhere to put another one.

@Sarahroo29 I need a bigger house, just so I have a place to put more books.

I'm more of geek with nerd tendencies 😛

Cool.

I consider nerd to be the epitome of compliments lol I have 2 audible libraries containing novels both fiction, and non. (About 60 -100 titles in total) 2 book shelves full of books, and an extensive list of completed anime including the entirety of Naruto and one piece. My steam library is also extensive containing such titles as dragon age 1 2 and inquisition, the witcher trilogy, and the mass effect trilogy. My favorites though are portal and the Stanley parable.

No. You are the only nerd. There are no others. Lol! And your bookcase is weak! I gave up a dozen boxes of books to my library and still have 15 boxes left! I have spent thousands of dollars, one quarter at a time in the 80s and 90s on video games and devoted countless hours to paper and dice role playing games. I created my own RPG when the others bored me! I have a dragon's hoarde of dice! I lament yearly not being able to go to more cons! I read The Hobbit when i was 10. Dune when i was 12. I have been writing ever since and have self published on Amazon Kindle. Comic books, video games, and movies... I can haz them all! Am I a nerd? Yes! And what's more? I. Am. Awesome! You just need to step up your game, but so far, you sound pretty awesome, too. Welcome to the club, nerd 😉

I am the former president of a 501c3 educational organization of American Civil War Reenactors, am now the Chair of an umbrella group of 8 such organizations, have a slide rule collection, and used to be able to quote Clasic Star Trek episodes, Shakespeares plays and Sonnets, and Sondheim musicals verbatim. So yes, I am a Nerd, hear me ROAR!

Nice! British Royal Navy, 18c. reenactor here! Represent, history nerds!

Loud and proud

I've been called a nerd all my life. I have three bookcases of books and I've read them all. I also taught my kids that being a nerd is cool and sexy. They ran with it! Four beautiful nerds creating the next generation of nerds! I'm so proud right now! 😉

Sweet!!

Yep!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21522
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.