Agnostic.com

34 11

Is anyone else a nerd?

I've been a nerd since I was in middle school. I read so much, I have to take breaks each day from reading. I've always been an avid reader. I have a bookcase 6 ft tall full of books and one shelf full of movies. I've read most of the books on my shelf. Do you or others call you a nerd?

Sarahroo29 8 Feb 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, I am a nerd.

Guilty.

I'm a nerd,I guess.I just like people who are capable of freedom of thought,and aren't afraid to say so.

I'm a big time nerd. It's awesome to be passionate about epic things.

it doesn't make you a nerd

I hate that term almost as much as 'geek'. Educated is much better more descriptive term. For too long it was used as an insult, so please don't call me a nerd..

I never called anyone anything. I called myself one.

@Sarahroo29 I wasn't making an accusation Sarahroo, just responding to the post. Peace 🙂

Yep im a nerdy, romantic dreamer hippie
Make love not war. Im a retired 9th grade science teacher.. Loved the job andretired happy with it.

I tend to call myself a geek. I think that means I'm a nerd with social skills. 🙂 But seriously, while many of us grew up being belittled or worse because of our reading/learning proclivities, it's really something to be proud of, whatever you call it.

Uh, yeah... In the kind of circles I ran in it was always a slightly embarrassing, unanticipated bonus: "Oh, she's cute and she plays Magic the Gathering??. Don't let her escape!" Same reason I don't run in those circles anymore...

Cool that you play games. More women should. I loved running RPGs with girls. Once they got comfortable, they would let go and seriously fuck stuff UP! Girls are unpredictable and it's always a welcome addition, what they bring to a game. But every time i saw a Magic game (or any of the other card games going) the room seemed to reek of stale sweat and desperation and the guys playing always seemed like the kind that were even too socially awkward to play paper-and-dice RPGs. Was that just my bias, or did you find that to be true as well?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21522
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.