Agnostic.com

4 0

Food for thought and action

A critique of Nietzsche, Aristotle, Plato, Hegel, Heidegger, Al-Mutannabi, and the list goes on, shows a great depth of intellectual exploration, which should form the basis upon which humans develop their thhinking as well as their behaviour. Does this exist?

Showa 4 Nov 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No! At least not in any functioning form. Philosophers criticize each other as they press their own ideological stance.

Philosophy "... is not to be envisaged as a straight line, but as a circle returning into itself. ... In development there is an advance, not into the abstract infinite, but returning back into itself." G.W.F. Hegel

The people, you mention, all thought deeply about life, they all had something important to say and there will be more people like them. The closer we look the more we learn about ourselves; the deeper and more complex our thoughts about each other and life we lead, the richer our insights.

You ask "Does this exist?", I think it does, and it is history.

cava Level 7 Nov 4, 2018

there is no one philosopher who completely thrills me. all were/are flawed. i am not worried about this. i like bits of this, bits of that. not everyone whose philosophy i admire is considered a philosopher. hypatia, spinoza, hannah arendt, wittgenstein and russell were philosophers but what about joanna russ, carl sagan, richard feynman, louis mumford? maybe there is no name for their philosophies because they didn't think they were philosophizing, but i like the way they think/thought. that's a short list, by the way.

g

I find the existential point of view much more intelligent and rational.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:215577
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.