Agnostic.com

12 2

Quick poll. Do you believe in "man made global warming"?

Talking to you, my new tribe and peeps, I think i can guess the results, but i am still curious..

• 35 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 3 votes
hippydog 8 Nov 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I voted yes, but I also understand that the planet goes through cycles of warmer and colder periods. I feel that man made pollution has affected these natural changes.

Having read Michael Crichton's book about it, it's easy to see how it could be hoaxed...but having traveled as extensively as I have and actually seen the impact that humans have on the planet, I'm going with A

Actually, to be specific, I think that changes in weather are both naturally occurring and influenced by human behavior.

I'm sure man hasn't helped and may even be the instigator but the earth has climatic cycles that last millennium which we don't fully understand. But we could sure do a ton more to not just exacerbate the problem

Forget climate change (just for a second): species, habitats, entire ecosystems have been lost to human activity...the oceans are full of trash, plastic is everywhere...there is no shortage of human-caused environmental disasters...populations are starving, war-devasted, riddled with crime and corruption... Take climate change off the table, and we're still fucked; we still have major work to do, critical changes to make. It's not like you can say "climate change isn't real" (or man-made, or that big of a deal), and suddenly everything's fine.

But, yeah, climate change is happening, anthropogenic effects are accelerating it, and we're basically beyond the point of no return. Get ready for climate refugees and water wars...

Facts don't need us to "believe in" them. Global climate change is real, it's happening, and our species has exacerbated it.

Deb57 Level 8 Nov 6, 2018

Humans change the environment much faster and more severely than any other species... Ex. Nuclear detonations..

Only knuckledraggers and Trumpsters don’t believe in the scientific evidence.

I think it's a bit of both. And climate change deniers are bat shit cra cra.

There probably is some mild warming but it is no big deal, no catastrophe. And the earth is unquestionably greening due to faster plant growth due to more CO2 in the atmosphere. It is arguable that burning fossil fuels is on balance a beneficial recycling program.

If humans were not inhabiting the planet it would take much much longer for warming to have occurred. However, I do think it would have happened eventually. There are many sources of polution and poisons released by nature. I think it is part of the ever evolving, changing, living planet.

it's like asking if you believe in gravity. whether or not you believe in it, you'll fall down go boom if you jump off the roof. why not ask if you believe green is a color, or if typing on your computer puts words on the screen? it's not a matter of opinion! there are facts involved!

g

I'm my neck of the woods, there seems to be a lot of color blind people ??

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:216751
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.