Agnostic.com

22 7

What's your favorite easy snack?

I'm a fan of Medjool dates. I also eat a lot of bananas. Unfortunately, I've been pigging out on chocolate chip Clif bars. I know that's not the best thing... but it does fill me up for awhile.

What do you reach for as a snack?

silvereyes 8 Feb 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Cheap oatmeal cookies.or gingersnaps... us dogs love them. I mean me and my two puppies...lol.

I love really crisp gingery ginger snaps! And, thinking of cookies, love Oreo LEMON. I rarely buy either -- once a year maybe. They are too good.

them high dollar oatmeal cookies aint bad. i like it when they have the cranberries in them.

@BlueWave. You look like you control your weight and shape.... that's a pluss... good for you!

Honey roasted crunchy peanut butter right out of the jar with a spoon.

Dates are almost too sweet for me. I'll eat them sometimes, but I prefer bananas, apples, oranges, grapes, etc., which are also very sweet but somehow don't have the candy-like flavor of dates. For something crunchy, I've been eating roasted, unsalted peanuts or raw almonds.

@resserts, unless you particularly like them raw, spread the raw almonds on a pizza pan or cookie sheet, do NOT oil or grease, 400 for about 15 mins. It really brings out the flavor..

@BeeHappy I'll keep that in mind. I'm eating mostly raw foods right now, though peanuts shouldn't be eaten raw (something I didn't know for a long time), but I'll definitely try that when I loosen up my diet a bit.

pistachios, pita bread and hummus, and cold pizza

Pizza is like all temperature Cheer...lol. hot or cold.

@silvereyes Oh, but cold, leftover pizza is delicious — though I can't remember the last time I actually had leftovers. I certainly don't want my pizza to go cold the night I buy it or bake it, because that's gross, but something magical happens overnight and the cheese sets and the sauce somehow gets even more flavorful, and the crust doesn't go soggy (or maybe it gets a little soggy and dries out, I'm not sure). I don't understand the science, but it's like a different food somehow. I'd never give up hot pizza, but cold pizza for breakfast the next day is a slice of heaven.

cold pizza in the morning is almost as good as breakfast for supper.

I like almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts, and finally peanuts.

Cheese and crackers and pepperoni. Specifically, Triscuits, cheddar, and Hormel pepperoni that I microwave on a thick layer of paper towels to melt off most of the grease. And it makes the pepperoni warm and crispy. Yummmmmmmmm

Cheez-Its. LOL! I'll grab a few of those if I just wanna put something in my mouth. I also eat a lot of them on soup or chili. They are the perfect snack. <JK> TBH, I wish I could develop a healthy habit of snacking on fruit or raw veggies. I try to compensate for my questionable diet with vigorous exercise.

Peanut M&M's. I'm pretty much an addict.

regular m&ms once were my drug of choice when I was stressed, which at former job was way too often.

I love Blueberry Crisp Clif Bars; Diamond Wasabi Soy Almonds; apples; satsumas and Sumo Mandarins; cheese; and Ruffles with Lipton Onion Soup/sour cream dip.

Trail mix.

Cliff Bars have brown rice sugar, so that makes them less than awful. I eat a lot of fresh fruit and Larabars

Beef jerkey never fails to satisfy my appetite when the moment arises.

LaCroix sparkling water, dehydrated fruit is good too, that’s if I’m not just grabbing what’s quick and available... then it’s always crappy high sugar or high salt stuff at work.

I'm a terrible junk food junk food junkie, but I'm getting better.
I'm with you on the bananas I get muscle cramps and they're the best cure.
I love love, love oranges. Pineapple is also one of my favs.
I get plenty of veggies like broccoli for dinner, but for snacks, I love fruit.

Frozen blueberries, bananas, mixed nuts & seeds.

Trek Mix from Trader Joe's

Chips, peanuts, cashews, and ice cream. 2 of those things aren't too good for me lol

I've become addicted to Marzetti Southwest Ranch Dip and raw vegies, e.g., carrots, celery, cauliflower, etc, with a slice of oat bread but that isn't easy - you have to chop and kill the vegetables ahead of time. But when evil engulfs me, nothing satisfies like Dove chocolates and tequila. Evil is sweet, cruel, and easy!

jeffy Level 7 Feb 7, 2018

my second favorite but less portable is raw veggies with hummus.

Mixed nuts, low salt preferred. It is a sugar free high protein snack and very portable. I keep a jar of nuts on my desk at work, I have a tin of nuts in my purse. I have nuts at home.

Nothing in particular. Maybe rice cakes with p-nut butter.
Your comment about the Medjool dates brought back memories. Parvin, was a director of a private school in Dallas. One of her kids was the son of my sister. Her husband, also from Iran, was talking to Parvin and she had some dates (the Medjool were considered the best). He asked for one and she said only if you get me one and our relationship was the result of his answer. She told me, when she was growing up, during the season her mother would get a barrel full of dates and dole them out throughout the year. What would you do with a barrel full of Medjools?

@silvereyes Interesting, how do you make nut milk? I discovered I have a slight problem with soy (and me a vegetarian). However, I recently discovered that silk has a new, high protein nut milk (almond and cashew). I use it to augment my work-outs and it has done wonders for me.

Anything chocolate. A shoe covered in chocolate would do it for me

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21683
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.