Agnostic.com

57 13

To sext or not to sext?

I've noticed a lot of older people "40+" are wanting me to sext them. I find this odd for many reasons. 1, I don't like to text and 2 when I do talk-to-text it always comes out something completely different. There's also the fact that I live by myself and I have a vehicle so it would seem that if I wanted to have sex with someone I would drive to their house or they could come to mine. I guess I wouldn't mind phone sex but even that isn't that appealing to me. What do you think about sexting?

#sex
SonderOpia 8 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

57 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It depends on the person and the situation. In the end, though, there's no replacing a good, old-fashioned meeting of bodies.

Maybe it's because I'm in the 40+ age range but it just doesn't appeal to me. I've been on sites designed for "adult' conversation and meeting people; however, the women (of all ages from 25 - 65) with whom I have had conversations seem to want to sext and engage in erotic sexy) chat rather than have a normal "get to know you" type of conversation and/or actually meet up and talk or have sex. I just have a hard time engaging in electronic verbal sex chat. It's not an because I find it uncomfortable or embarrassing (I can get down and dirty with the best of them) but it seems to be a huge waste of time with someone I don't know when I can actually have a real face-to-face conversation and actual sex.

Ain't nothing better than the real thing. Unless maybe, you aren't getting the real thing? Idk. I'm not into anything where we aren't in the same space.

I agree with the comments below - it's fine after you're already in a sexual relationship but before? That's just creepy.

L hate writing. Sexting makes little sense to me. If everyone doing it likes it, say can have fun without me. I enjoyed phone sex 25 years ago at the beginning of a stupid long distance relationship, but there's no substitute for the real thing.

I have no desire to sext either.

I am with you! I agree 100%.

The thought of doing that makes me ill. We have a whole group of children we are raising that are quite good at sexting. I would like to think I could share with my child something great to learn rather than something I do that I would have to hope I could keep hidden from them.

I think itz greeatttyyn bjjjmmm,,,,..... ..mjh,..................

LOL

OK for spouses to keep joy hot while separated but seems sicko for strangers but no one gets pregnant nor infected holding a phone or touching keys on a keyboard

Never done sexting. Phone sex? east coast - west coast thing with former flame. "not yet", I remember. That it. Despite my imagination... no sexting material.

Personally, I think knowing someone is feeling sexy or there is some sexual interest growing is nice. But I don't personally find it a patch on sex or even a real kiss with a real person. It's the very last resort if you have no way to meet someone you are attracted to,

I'm an older person 40+, but I don't want to have sex with you so (no offense 😉). I don't think sexting would be an interesting option for me, although I can imagine that people like it, and I certainly can imagine some benefits. I don't trust the internet too much anyway. I decided to trust this site, but I'm still aware of possible risks.

Gert Level 7 Feb 7, 2018

I guess I'd have to try it before I could give an objective answer. Maybe there's a reason(s) why I've never tried it. Maybe that's my answer?

Sexting is alright it’s kinda like role playing if you ask me. It can work as a teasing game, but just makes both parties horny.

Shocking! Sounds electric.

jeffy Level 7 Feb 7, 2018

I agree, much rather have the real thing.

I don't do it. I wouldn't find it enjoyable and I don't have a texting device. If anything, I see it similar to going to a strip club to tease yourself.

Well heck... it is what it is... if you like.. go for it. Im pass all that... when i was younger i enjoyed the real thing... never ever thought about using the phone for my fun... i think your an adult... you can stay home and live a fantasy or get out there and go dancing and out to eat. Your choice..

I find that constantly fat-fingering (you know damn well what I mean) and backspacing really diminishes the tempo and mood your trying to inspire and maintain during the experience. Do they still call it "cybering" in the BBS communities? And you always want to get rid of all those red squiggly lines so that you don't appear to be an idiot. Using a smartphone only makes it worse with autocorrect and predictive text trying to monopolize your conversation.
As for it being a placebo, I guess you got to do what you got to do. I think initiating is the hard part. What if your potential mate says no? Kinda sours everything after that.

I don't sexting works unless there is already a relationship

I like it if there is a planned meeting or already having a relationship

If your in a relationship then it can be fun but otherwise I find it boring. I tried phone sex a couple of times but women are far too perverted even for me!

I think someone said something to the effect that it is "next-level" flirting. I agree. It is not a replacement for actual sex, but I'm cool with it. And I like to think I'm good at it, too.

i guess if it was someone i was in a relationship with id probably do it but knowing me I'd mess it up and send it to the wrong person in my contact list 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21763
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.