Agnostic.com

14 5

Too many billions of galaxies for me to believe in God

Inquiryevidence 4 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I never could understand how somebody could look at a whole sky full of billions and billions of stars and galaxies and think that on only one tiny planet a "god" "created" life.

I'll just leave this here.....

Look at the trillions of stars and other stuff we have yet to discover!

hello neighbor

Believers are so naive to believe that a god who they say supposedly created the universe would actually monitor the minds of 7 billion humans on a pin dot in space and then punish them for what he created and permitted them to do .If there was a god we would be as inconspicuous to it as a dust mite is to us

“It doesn't seem to me that this fantastically marvelous universe, this tremendous range of time and space and different kinds of animals, and all the different planets, and all these atoms with all their motions, and so on, all this complicated thing can merely be a stage so that God can watch human beings struggle for good and evil - which is the view that religion has. The stage is too big for the drama.”

• Richard Feynman

Or football games,baseball or any other things! How can an allperfit being create something with so many defects?

And we now know all galaxies have black holes at their center. God is just a dark hole in space that we fall into when afraid

EMC2 Level 8 Feb 7, 2018

yes why be concerned with such a tiny place? I mean our galaxy.

Love the mystery of the universe. Not some simple explanation based on "faith".

it blows my mind unlike "GOD did it"

Interesting conclusion. The truly religious creationists have been limited in their creation "theory" to just our solar system. there is a deist theory that says that god is the creator, but not the caretaker. This might explain the billions of galaxies. The creator still creates and never ceases. Of course we should not confuse explanation with proof. There are billions of other explanations for this abundance of galaxies, so you don't need to favor any one over another.

Scientific theory is also an explanarion of our known and verified fact. The difference is that it is always open to refutal and will change the explanation to fit new facts. Religion accepts explanation as proof and will never even look at inconvenient new facts.

Read about science and religion in: NoRealgod.com

Einstein stated he believed god is creation but is not a "caretaker god". At the moment of creation, big bang, bump, membrane or whatever, it was an event and with that event all of us today get to exist, How exciting

Yes, and which one would you chose to believe in? Gods come and go. Their shelf life is about two thousand year; then they fade away and a new one ( or set of new ones) is created. By men who need "somebody to lean on."
Stay skeptical, my friend. Peace,
Spinliesel

There is just no evidence, facts or data to support the belief in any deities or anything supernatural. It is simply a delusion that exists in one's brain and nowhere else. That is my conclusion. Here I stand.

Ditto! And I believe there is life out there!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21818
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.