Agnostic.com

18 4

Best way to live life generally?

"Be yourself," "make your bed," "live and let live," "stop caring what people think," etc. I've heard a lot of sage wisdom, but what I find is that they don't work as well as people seem to think across contexts, so my question is what advise or sayings would you say are the most generally applicable and why?

Honestape 6 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not exactly sure what wisdom is. Is it telling you what to do? Does one persons life experience match the requirements of another person? , Should any one give OR take advice knowing there is a mismatch of previous experience . Just give facts, ma'm . Facts are all. Anything which lowers anxiety is a good thing to say , whatever. All of the above quotes aim to do that. Whatever it is, collective wisdom is better than a single person's effort. Be careful what you say to yourself is my version.

Nothingness prevails
5 billion years, can’t wait

But, hey, I’ve started looking for something good everyday, so I’m at least trying

Live never to be ashamed if anything you do or say is published around the world even if what is published is not true. Richard Bach

Just be a good person with high ethics and morals and stick to them.
Do the right thing regardless of the consequences because you have to live with yourself the rest of your life.

Know thyself

Harm none.

don't compare yourself to anyone else, and live your own truth.

Get out there and engage life. Don't sit on the sidelines. Get up off the couch and do something.
One of my favorite things to do is make music with others. Have played in a celtic band for the last 15 years that my wife and I, along with some friends started. In the last three months, have joined two different bands. Just do it.

Respect all...

Spend most of your time online

Never Say Never
The older I get the more I end up either doing or find myself more accepting of things I used to say I would Never do or believe.

Never take advice from a comment on an internet site or an Amazon review.

Best one liner I've ever been included upon
"Just keep breathing as long as possible."

I think it depends entirely on who you are and what your idea of a good life is. When I was learning to drive, my instructor said" focus on where you're going and the mechanics will fall into place". I've always thought that was pretty good advice all around.

Dont get caught 😉

What works for one will not necessarily work for another. You do you and I do me works best for me. (IMHO)

Do no harm. Covers just about everything.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21864
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.