Agnostic.com

19 4

Are you an authentic person?

When I'm thinking about an authentic person I mean you don't wear the masks to fit into this words, you have your own way, you're in peace with all you do and you are in your life.

Sensiwoman7 6 Nov 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All my masks are also very authentic. Otherwise they would be useless.

But in truth we are all who we want to be when we want to be it. Staying true to your core values is integral but the rest of it is about learning and trying/experiencing everything. At least in my opinion, anything outside my normal activities is requiring you to go outside the box of your current definition of yourself...it is how we grow and improve, no?

I prefer my women to be latex.

Yes I'm completely self-contained of course that makes me weird and different and so I don't really hang out with other people a lot I'm self-employed and I own my own home and I have no bills so I live a life that most people can't imagine I only work three to four days a week 4 to 6 hours a day and I do whatever I want whenever I want and however I want I sleep when I'm tired and I wake up when I'm not tired I wear no mask I am who I am

That's great!! Take care and keep balance 😉

I'm glad I don't have to work that much!

I strive to be authentic. I'm authentic enough to admit i fail in that task sometimes. I'm authentic enough to stand by my principles and thought systems based on evidence based truth knowing that It will likely cause discord with different minded people.

Yeah, I'm pretty authentic; a good 65 or 70% I'd say. Depends a lot on the circumstances. When I'm at home, with familiar people, I'm probably 115% authentic. When I'm in public, my persona seems to downshift to something more socially acceptable. I'm at my most authentic when I'm asleep.

skado Level 9 Nov 8, 2018

Haha that seems like funny. I think our authenticity can to see more clear in different and difficult situations.

"I'm not a man of too many faces
The mask I wear is one."

-Sting-

I tend to think "authenticity" is overrated at best, and misleading at worst.

Interesting quote and your idea the same!

I'm a fake.

@Anniemae We're perfect for each other!

@Secretguy's you seems like funny!

hell no, i don't always have my own way (no one does or should), i'm not at peace with all i do and am in my life, and i fail to see how this makes me an inauthentic person. what a weird definition!

g

Authentic, for the most part, yes. The teaching portion of my job dictates I maintain a decorum that is somewhat politically/(anti-religion) muted but I do stress critical thinking and the need to question (all) assertions.

Outside of work, I speak my mind and often enjoy educating theists.

If you are asking if I wear a mask to conceal who I am and what I believe, No. Although my position alienates most in this part of the world, I don't sugar coat who I am.

Makes me feel like I'm missing something. These seem like 4 different ideas. I may be authentic, but speak differently to different people. I don't address my children like engineers. I have my own way, but it's been far from peaceful. I would also think that it's hard to be alive without being in your life. I don't know. Maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

depends on the last burrito i ate.

How does one define authentic? We do this thing called code-switching where we change our language based upon who we are interacting with. Is someone inauthentic for doing something they can’t help? I like to think of authenticity in the person as being unapologetic for who you are and what you believe. Not sure how others would think about it.

Nope. I am a cheap substitute.

But at least u r not religious like the poster . !!!

@Pralina1 True. I do have that.

@Sticks48 trolls and Nigerians wives ?

I might be, but it's one of those things I can't self-diagnose. At any rate, I find 'authentic' is another one of those words that's become an irritating bragging point, a way for people to think they're so much better than everyone else when, in reality, it's a very small triumph. If I am, that's great. If I'm not, it's no skin off my nose.

That's true. I think this word "authentic" might be just a small part of our analysis!

There's Japanese story which says that we all wear three faces - one that you show the world, one that you show to your close relatives and friend, and one that is known only to you.

No other mask than my cartoon and bogus name, I do have my own way and lot of people don't like it but I don't care they do. I am in peace with all I do. It's simple. If someone else don't like anything then that's on them and I have no control over that. Are you @Sensiwoman7?

I'm pretty much a what you see, well and hear, is what you get kind of person.

I don't wear masks, have my own way, but I'm not really at peace with everything in my life.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:218688
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.