Agnostic.com

18 2

Is this a good place to meet women

As far as a place to discuss concepts its great, but ineffective as a dating app so far. Anyone have better luck?

Kristian 4 Nov 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sadly, no. But.... you'll make a few friends. So far, everyone has been so nice here.

I didn't come here to meet women. But, bang, it happened and all is going well. Many people here are from areas with few like minded people, so meeting someone local is a crap shoot. It is possible. The women and men here are great to converse with. I would say to make that your main goal and see what or who develops. Good luck.

The most millennial answer for you tu understand is "no".

You joined a day ago, you have no bio, you've made 2 posts and 6 comments. The fuq, kid? I agree, you should give up. The lifespan of a gnat is greater than your patience.

Just testing the waters. The responses were mostly negative so im getting a feeling theres alot of the pretentious type of atheists on here. Guess well see

@Kristian pretentious type atheists? As opposed to pretentious type religious believers? Without a doubt, there are some. But please, do not use superlatives. I will not even use them when they seem to fit, at least enmasse, many religious groups. I have found, and I would wager a lot of money, that the vast majority of people here are not pretentious in any negative way. Hang around and you might learn something. There are a number of good folks here, fun to chat with, who do not "suffer fools" well. And, please, don't think I am calling you a fool; for I am simply attempting to explain how being observant first and then partaking in, in a responsible manner, conversations, etc will give you a better insight snd acceptance. Here there are plenty of groups, outside of the general population, to join and try out.

@Beowulfsfriend ill keep an eye out. Im speaking frim past experiences tho. Other atheist groups ive been in have been full of insufferable know-it-alls, and ive yet to find a group thats a little more open minded. Time will tell

I may have made a mistake titling the post "this is not a good place to meet women" but then again i did recieve some pretty passionate responses haha

Thanks for the input all. Im simply trying to find out if its worth commiting to this site. My "patience" has nothing to do with it lol.

You commit to one source for online dating? Cast a wider net lol if I was really lookin hard Id be on here, fetlife, tinder, bumble, okcupid, zoosk, anywhere but christianmingle haha. The only place I ever got more than one date from is tinder but my location is far enough into BFE that its the only app most people around here have heard of.

This is a great site to commit daily time to if you enjoy old school message board socialization, debate, silliness, deep thoughts etc and I wouldnt rule it out for dating but I also wouldnt sit around n watch the grass grow holdin my breath around here either if dating is the only concern. I wish there was a larger population of young folks around here but so far its a work in progress.

@Wurlitzer yes you confirmed my point.. its a great place to share ideas but ineffective as a dating app. This is also not the only site i use and don't recall ever saying that it is, so its unclear where you got that idea.

@Kristian you directly said you were trying to figure out if it was worth commiting to this site. I don't really see it as a commitment if youre seeing other sites broseph. 😉

@Wurlitzer nah what i meant by commiting was writing a bio and actually putting time into this site. Not ALL my time tho lol.

Well. I’ve been here one day and it’s feels like you might be correct.

I don’t think there are enough members yet to be a successful dating site

I think I understand where he's coming from. Your luck on getting dates from this site depends on a lot of things like the city you live in, your age etc. There s relatively lesser people in their late teens and twenty something's on this site and that makes it difficult for people in that age range to find dates, plus if you live in a small town, you could count the number of people from your town on this site. I have also noticed that many females that I have chatted with here can't sustain a chat conversation

obis Level 6 Nov 8, 2018

That’s no good, I’m having amazing chats on here. Best of luck.

I have met two people on here who I have spent time with IRL. I haven't found the right match yet, but there are opportunities.

If you're very, very quiet, you can hear the sound of dropping panties. Well, something is dropping. Maybe it's panties. Maybe not.

Give it time, bucko. There have been people on here wh have met and hooked up.

It will be OK when I get my teleport beam up and running!

This site doesn't have any females here... You must be lost lol

I think i just needed to be a higher level lol 🙂

Nope...not at all. In fact, this is as far from a dating app as Trump is to compassion. Ok ok...we all know NOTHING else can be that far removed, but this site is pretty close to it.

According to your info - you just joined. Not long enough to know !

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he expects women to be flocking to him? He hasn't even written a bio yet.

No youre totally right. I didnt realize being a low level narrowed how many people you can see.

Granted, the odds are slim, but there is always that chance.

you've been here a whole day. i don't know why 100 women have not fallen right into your lap already! it couldn't be that you haven't written a bio and you've made all of two posts, one of which is your verdict on the site based on your lengthy experience here!

g

You tell it sister

Yes im new which is why i was asking if anyone had luck. thanks for your input.

Not gonna commit to writing a bio when i havent felt the site out yet

@Kristian you won't commit to writing a bio until you felt out the site, yet you have felt it out enough to decide it is ineffective. part of its effectiveness, of course, depends on how you present yourself, and that includes what's in your bio.

g

@Kristian sweetheart, it’s not just a dating app, there really is a lot more to see and I think if you give it a chance, write an honest bio and let the negative posts just roll off your back, you might just see that it is very interesting, fucking hilarious at times and you can learn a lot from some of us older fogies about how to maybe find a hookup/girlfriend/whatever the fuck you want and learn some really good skills for future fun and dating. Anything that broadens your horizons is gonna help you get laid eventually. Have fun, read some posts,make some comments, join some groups and see how you go. You’ve got nothing to lose and and lots to gain. Good luck darlin. ✌?

@genessa yes the responses to my post tell me more about this community than writing a bio will. But i have seen some nice people too so maybe ill stick it out.

@Sandy6767 thankyou 🙂 tho im not in a place like this looking to get laid. Im hoping to to find someone to stimulate me mentally. Which i think this site has the potential, i just gotta sift through all the grumpy old guys first Haha

@Kristian that’s really good to hear, you’ll find really interesting and stimulating people on here as well as the usual array of fucktards ? don’t discount all the grumpy old guys though, they have value as well. Again, good luck darlin and just hang in there ?

@Kristian the purpose of a bio is not to tell you about the site. it's to tell the site about you.

g

@genessa true, but i don't like to show my cards before i have an inkling on everyone elses 😛

@Kristian whatever. wouldn't work for me but luckily for both of us i'm not in the market.

g

@genessa then why are you so concerned?

@Kristian oh i'm sorry, were you mistaking my passing interest for concern? i was actually trying to be helpful. i won't make that mistake again.

g

@genessa idk why youre so salty just because i didnt write a bio... youve been very hostile with me out the gates so i just want you to know that. All the toxicity ive encountered is kinda turning me off to the site. You would not make a good greeter.

@Kristian i am a greeter and i am told several times daily that i am a good one. as for salty, honey, YOU'LL never have a taste. hostile? yeah, check the nearest mirror.

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:218727
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.